Muse drone crashes

peza2010

It amazes me that anything that can fly should be let loose over an audience. CAA have guidelines about people not flying them within 50m of people or buildings but still it happens as based on this episode and the news stating a drone hit a plane coming into Heathrow

Muse production calls them Helium Flying Objects, not drones. By their account they weigh ounces and are being operated by a company with vast experience in flying things over audiences.

One landing on a crowd looks considerably more dramatic than it actually is.

Search for the LSI article on the tour if you are interested in a bit more detail.

Cheers,

Peter

Muse production calls them Helium Flying Objects, not drones. By their account they weigh ounces and are being operated by a company with vast experience in flying things over audiences.

One landing on a crowd looks considerably more dramatic than it actually is.

Search for the LSI article on the tour if you are interested in a bit more detail.

It didn't even look dramatic in that video - more like "large helium balloon lands gently in audience"

I suspect many of us have been at shows where large inflatable balls were chucked into the audience to be bounced around. I recall seeing large inflatable animals used for this as well. This doesn't seem that much worse as long as the propellers are shrouded.

A lot like lasers....... :(

CB radios was my thought. One idiot was working the East Coast of the US from a clifftop near Barry and shut down RAF St Athan and Rhoose airport forcing RAF helicopter trainees to land in Culdrose. He didn't affect ground-to-air but swamped the ground radios to emergency vehicles.

Archived