X32 Firmware Update

michaelyallop

Hi all,

I'm having issues updating the firmware on the X32. It is currently on 2.14 and I am wanting to update it to 2.16 (the latest).

I have tried the normal procedure using the setup screen and firmware update and the boot procedure, but when checking the files integrity it always fails.

I have re downloaded this file a number of times incase it was a bad download, no luck.

I have also re formatted the memory stick I am using and only copied the update file to the stick, no luck.

I am a little stuck at the moment.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

When downloading, are you absolutely sure that you're getting a fresh download rather than one out of your browser's cache?

Have you tried a different memory stick? Go for a small one - large sizes don't always seem to play nicely. I have a stash of sub 1 gig sticks I use for this sort of thing.

When downloading, are you absolutely sure that you're getting a fresh download rather than one out of your browser's cache?

Have you tried a different memory stick? Go for a small one - large sizes don't always seem to play nicely. I have a stash of sub 1 gig sticks I use for this sort of thing.

Done all of the above, other than try a new memory stick, although this is the same stick I used to update to the current 2.14 software. I am hunting for a memory stick to try that now....

I have just sent a technical question of to Behringer to see if they can help too.

Done all of the above, other than try a new memory stick, although this is the same stick I used to update to the current 2.14 software. I am hunting for a memory stick to try that now....

I have just sent a technical question of to Behringer to see if they can help too.

Just a quick update. I tried a quite small memory stick the last time and had success. It was a 4gb stick. My other stick was 64gb.

Strange that the desk can't handle the larger memory sticks.

Strange that the desk can't handle the larger memory sticks.

It's not really, the internal organisation of very large flash devices is quite different to the smaller ones - you sometimes get enormous sector sizes or block addressing schemes. On embedded software devices like the X32 the firmware often isn't written to handle it.

On top of which some flash devices (sticks or cards) don't properly comply to the standards so some things will work with them and some won't.

My last upgrade failed on 6 usb sticks - and oddly the oldest one I found with a smaller capacity was the one that worked. Seems to be getting worse as capacities increase. The winning one for me was 4G, but most of mine now are 16 or 32GB capacity - is that the problem?

I suspect that the x32 isn't any different to most but the instructions are laid out in their on-line manual/wiki.

the problem is that lots of usb sticks aren't to spec - added to which you need to format correctly.

so it's a case of finding a simple stick that works - for me kingston data traveller sticks 8gb for updates and up to 16gb for playback and recording work fine, every time - I have a half dozen of them laying around but I always format them as per the wiki instructions.

So what's the biggest stick that people have found to work for recording audio from the X32? And has anyone managed to get a hard drive to work for that? (sorry for the thread hijack - perhaps I should post this in another thread)

:) I replied in another thread.... but, I have a Verbatim 128 GB pen drive that seems to work fine for recording but I haven't used it for a firmware update yet (and, actually probably won't, I tend to keep my fw updates separate so don't waste a large capacity USB drive on them).

Archived