DMX playback device

lonemorf

Hi all,

Building a stand for our works exhibition, going to have 4 moving heads on it in total, but I don't want to lug around my command wing and PC etc. Whats the best value for money method of programming up a few cue stacks, and them having them selectable from a device, or even better (if possible) smartphone?

Asking too much?

Cheers

J

I have a DMX Pro Mk 2that is 2 universe out, but also can used be to record and play back a DMX string. Enttecc have a range of DMX Recorders and playback.

"Standalone playback - Standalone mode allows you to store your light show inside the DMX USB Pro MK2 and play it back without connecting your PC. Ultra reliable, the inbuilt memory allows recording of full 512 channel light show. This feature is ideal for architectural, retail and display applications. "

There must be suitable devices in the UK

Thanks Don - looks ideal. You think I can export in some way the DMX output from my Ma2? I might just give the disty a call and see.

http://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Products&pn=70015

Spoke to them. This does all the above, and with the RS232 interface, we can put together a Pi with a web server on it, with a simple interface, that spits out RS232 on the GPIO pins to the Enttec - telling it to change sequences/playbacks!

Will let you know how it goes :)

If budget is tight, then a Raspberry Pi with an openDMX clone dongle running QLC+ will do the job. Can run without a screen / keyboard / mouse once set up. Can be set up to auto-run on powerup. Network control (Wifi or wired) looks to be possible, but I've not explored it.

Regards

Peter

ELC Show Store or Mini Store

http://www.elclighting.net/#!elc-showstore/cm30

The showstore is expensive, but has a lot of control, including webserver, the mini store is cheaper than the Enttec.

Keep in mind that you use moving heads, so you can't use the cheap DMX-recorders, which record only the scene-changes, not the DMX stream.

The CueCore from Visual Productions will do this no issue. Program from a console of your choice, or you can use Cuelux Pro, and use the Dump feature to upload the scene direct into the CueCore. Playback can be be triggered via Touch OSC, so a custom phone remote can be created, on even use a small DMX fader console to trigger the look.

The Showstore is a bigger unit physically and is also a great choice,The Cuecore is cheaper and much smaller, but you dont have the ability to operate the cuecore without a PC/MAC involved.

I would like to add, that I am the distributor for both of these products, and I am happy to discuss over the phone any questions you may have.

If budget is tight, then a Raspberry Pi with an openDMX clone dongle running QLC+ will do the job. Can run without a screen / keyboard / mouse once set up. Can be set up to auto-run on powerup. Network control (Wifi or wired) looks to be possible, but I've not explored it.

You don't really need the USB dongle, just a level shifter on the serial port

http://eastertrail.b...-control-I.html

I've just re-done this (same circuit and software) for this year's event, so will be posting some veroboard layouts and so on when it's over.

Archived