Choosing New Cans

FHS

The ELC Green go system is ideal for schools,. you can start with a simple 2 belt pack system and add more as you need them. Runs over POE over Cat 5 so the cable is dirt cheap too.

horrible to coil? or expensive and hangs from your beltpack with its built in kink that hinders movement?

I would say it's anything but ideal for schools. Not intuitive - virtually anybody can walk up to a tecpro or compatible system and know what they're doing within 10 seconds, I've not worked out how to use Green go after 5 hours of getting camera cues down it.

How many stations are you going to need?Would you need a system all year or just for 2 weeks a year? (Consider hire. Lost money but no repair costs)

Stone wood/granite used to do a really basic system that was designed for small production/schools

I do my own video production and have a radial system. It is battery powered ( can use a psu) and all the headsets plug directly into the back of the unit, so you have to use loads more cable. Also, the cable is 4way xlr so you need to buy/make up the cables

The 4 way system can be expanded by use of of a couple of plug in boxes. The base station is not much more than one belt pack cost

It is basic and on all the time , with no ability to kill the mics on each headset, or use the (non existent) belt backs for cue lights But for the cost of cable, a base station and some headsets, it gets you started You're limited on overall cable but it's a fair bit as far a school may need

As far as cable length per operator- allow enough for them to move freely and sit down if needed . Too much is better than not enough.

http://www.10outof10.co.uk/acatalog/granite-audio-1.html

How many stations are you going to need?Would you need a system all year or just for 2 weeks a year? (Consider hire. Lost money but no repair costs)

Stone wood/granite used to do a really basic system that was designed for small production/schools

I do my own video production and have a radial system. It is battery powered ( can use a psu) and all the headsets plug directly into the back of the unit, so you have to use loads more cable. Also, the cable is 4way xlr so you need to buy/make up the cables

The 4 way system can be expanded by use of of a couple of plug in boxes. The base station is not much more than one belt pack cost

It is basic and on all the time , with no ability to kill the mics on each headset, or use the (non existent) belt backs for cue lights But for the cost of cable, a base station and some headsets, it gets you started You're limited on overall cable but it's a fair bit as far a school may need

As far as cable length per operator- allow enough for them to move freely and sit down if needed . Too much is better than not enough.

http://www.10outof10.co.uk/acatalog/granite-audio-1.html

We will probably need 6 stations and it would be used all year round. So I don't think hiring would be our best bet. We are going to look into granite/Stonewood. Thanks

Archived