Draping

Michyandmikey

J.D. McDougall (London)

Whaleys (Bradford)

J&C Joels (Sowerby Bridge)

These are three possibilities - they will have a range of fabric and be able to give you relevant information about flame retardant properties etc.

as to specific fabrics, this depends on what you want to achieve by draping the walls and ceiling - is it decorative, or to exclude light, or to modify acoustics, etc etc....

to get contact details, search for "theatrical fabric suppliers UK"

• 2 weeks later...

The drapes are required for predominately weddings. I am after white draping material that is less sheer than voile. I know s lot of people use marquee style material but I find it creases too much plus it does not drape as easily as silk. I have had various samples of trevia/poly and statins none of which are what I am after. The best material I have had so far is a stretch satin, however I can not find it in fire retardant. Plus I can not find anywhere where Ivan buy it directly by the rioll. Just to Sumerise I am looking for white stretch satin type material about 40-80 denier weight. Which is fireproof. If anyone knows where I could purchase from.

XX

On a bit of a tangent, Black Wool Serge is virtually unknown over here on the far left side of the world. Every uses either a black velour (if they're well-funded) or "commando cloth" which is a cotton twill type fabric. Shame - I like BWS for this application.

Archived