Problem with laserword mkii cs-1000 laser mirrors

mickeylaa

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having scanned thru the pictures of young people "having it large" I got to the pictures of what not to buy, and how not to rig it. I think the most idiotic were the two smoke machines placed at face level. Or the daisy chained 13a plug boards. Or possibly the flown truss. It's wrong on so many levels. However there is a silver lining. The local Maplins seem to have had a bumper Christmas !!!

Can think of a least one large city centre event , where budget and skills were not in short supply, that had some very interesting wiring practices recently. Mention of wire wrapped nails will be enough to anyone familiar with that install.

Dodgy is not the sole preserve of the uneducated or under funded.

Perhaps the new way of asking a question on the B.R. has to include a full copy of your C.V. , the date and time of event and all Method and Risk assesments attached for the event....

For the O.P. join Photonlexicon ask questions there and look at building or having built display projectors that will be far better than anything Lazer Wurlde can provide.

This could be £245+VAT well spent

http://www.lvroptical.com/laser-safety-training.php

Can think of a least one large city centre event , where budget and skills were not in short supply, that had some very interesting wiring practices recently. Mention of wire wrapped nails will be enough to anyone familiar with that install.

Dodgy is not the sole preserve of the uneducated or under funded.

Perhaps the new way of asking a question on the B.R. has to include a full copy of your C.V. , the date and time of event and all Method and Risk assesments attached for the event....

For the O.P. join Photonlexicon ask questions there and look at building or having built display projectors that will be far better than anything Lazer Wurlde can provide.

This could be £245+VAT well spent

http://www.lvroptica...ty-training.php

+1 for LVR for training, Dave Stuart is pretty much the Go To guy for laser safety training. The major laser display companies use him, and he does most of the safety inspections for the major touring shows. But most importantly he is an experienced Laserist who stands up for the display industry when new regulations are being considered!.

There are at least 6 relevant face book groups including Photonlexicon where the OP can ask questions

can someone give me laws / regulations on lasers ??

I linked you to HSG95 guidelines on 26/11/15 in your "spending £600 on laserw0rld lasers" topic.

I also asked you (post #11 in this topic on 29/12/15) if you had read them. You did not answer my question, in the same way as you have not answered the question regarding whether you have liability insurance.

The Video of this childrens' party you organised shows total contempt to HSG95 and all the advice you have received on the Blue Room forum. I'm guessing you either did not read the document, or failed to comprehend that the height quoted relates to that of the path of the beams emitted as opposed to the distance off the floor of the source. Whichever, it matters not, your actions are totally irresponsible, worsened by the fact you had asked questions and then chose to disregard the answers and advice you were given....so, you cannot plead negligence.

You may have got away with it this time, at what looked to be a sparsely populated mobile disco in a dull clearspan with no decor. Completely unrelated to the safety aspects we are discussing here, had I paid for my children to go to "the biggest NYE party in Merseyside" and they came back showing me these photos, I would be talking to Trading Standards on Monday.

A video of unused pyro items being 'disposed of' in a most unacceptable manner, followed by a load of photos of the resulting burns which the victim seems inexplicably proud of - tells you pretty much everything you need to know, I think!

LIke this new company Synth Events?

https://www.facebook...UK/?pnref=story

Blimey! Anyone remember Julia Davies' dark comedy "Nighty Night"? Glen Bulb was at the Perch Rock party!! http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Good news everybody ! (well, except Mickyla)

I happen to be having a meeting for an event in Birkenhead and Liverpool, the meeting taking place at the end of Jan.

I thought it was a standard 'meet the client' etc meeting.

Oh no, its a full SAG meeting with the council SAG (Mickey, that's the Safety & Advisory Group - you know, police, fire, ambulance, council safety and events, Licensing)

I thought I would let them know of your wonderful efforts into holding a safe event.

toodle pip.

A video of unused pyro items being 'disposed of' in a most unacceptable manner, followed by a load of photos of the resulting burns which the victim seems inexplicably proud of - tells you pretty much everything you need to know, I think!

I routinely check social media when short listing for job interviews. It's a useful way of helping to form an opinion about a person's suitability...

Dave Stuart

No, not the bloke from Eurythmics ;)

James Stewart at LVR.

He's also on the PLASA HSG95 revision committee amongst other things so you really are getting the details from someone close to the regs and guidelines.

Dave Stuart

No, not the bloke from Eurythmics ;)

James Stewart at LVR.

He's also on the PLASA HSG95 revision committee amongst other things so you really are getting the details from someone close to the regs and guidelines.

Sorry just noticed that, that will teach me to double check before pushing the post button!!!http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

This thread was starting to turn into a bit of a car crash so I've closed it. I think everything that needed to be said has been said so it shouldn't make any difference.

I have also removed a few posts and others which quoted those posts as some members, in their shock at apparently "unprofessional practices", seemed to forget our golden rule: "attack the post not the poster". Whatever you think of a person's working practices they are still a member of the Blue Room and, as such, should be treated with the "mutual respect" required by our Terms and Conditions. In this instance please do not confuse the respect due to a fellow member of TBR as opposed to the respect you might have, for instance, for a hardened professional of 25 years in the business. A poster may not command the latter but they still deserve the former. We all have to start somewhere, and we all made mistakes of some sort when we were just starting out.

The Blue Room does not wish to drive out any member, rather to educate them on better working practices if that is required. Feel free to point out flaws but please remember to attack the post not the poster. Thanks.

Archived