Stage management films

Also, check out the National Youth Music Theatre's video of an
(UK Theatre Awards. Best Musical Production!), where we set up multiple cameras and a cans feed in a similar vein to the Opera machine!

Why does the lx op keep saying thank you when he's given a cue. Not something I've ever heard before

Possibly as an acknowledgment to the DSM that he has received/ heard the cue being called?

Cheers

Gerry

Just personal taste I suppose. It is actually quicker than "standing by" I guess that if the crew are used to it, just the speech pattern can identify the speaker

In this case the LX op says "Thank-you" after each "go" which I certainly haven't heard of before. For a standby he just says "standing by" as normal. I presume that this is either an RoH way of doing things or the DSM's preference.

Or he's just a polite chap who has extended his politeness to his day job. At that cue rate, it's quaint, but on a different style of show at the "several cues a minute" rate it would get a bit overbearing, and take up intercom space that would be in tight demand.

Archived