DSR-11 Sony remote control

paulears

Does anyone have a remote, from possibly a worn out Sony DSR-11 DVCAM recorder. I've lost mine, and discovered that the recorder defaults to factory settings when left disconnected for a while - so I can't change DVCAM to DV on the unit - this function is only on the remote.

I've also got multiple suggestions as to what the real remote is called, so finding a compatible one is not as easy as I thought.

I have a DSR 25I wonder if the remote was the same?

I will look later but think that mine has lots more switches and so might not have the same functions in the menu

I think that somebody I know had one, I will ask if the remote has a number on it

Another option is to search eBay even if there are no current offers, the number might be mentioned?

Thanks Dave - got a link from a BR member but the seller wanted £75 for a new one. I've put a bid in for a broken recorder that comes with a remote, but the starting price is £35 inc postage, so if the price goes up, I'm stumped as it's clearly a very ordinary control, but just has a few dedicated buttons - which are critical for the pretty common functions. Cheers

According to the original Sony page, the remote is RMT-DS11

Thinking out of the box, is it possible to do anything over the remote control jacks? Going back nearly 20 years I worked on an install involving 120+ Panasonic VCRs which were all automated using the "edit" socket on the back.

There are a couple of remotes on eBay. From the U.S. I think but not priced too badly

Also worth asking a couple of Sony dealers I case they have one around

Most of my functions on the dsr25 are navigated via on screen menus and up/down left/right execute buttons

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/I.html?_odkw=rmy+ds11&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xrmt+ds11.TRS0&_nkw=rmt+ds11&_sacat=0

I'd like to help you out as I own a DSR-11 but borrowed someone's remote years ago to add commands to my Logitech harmony remote. I now own a Logitech Harmony ultimate and I'm pretty sure during the setup I was able to add the DSR-11 easily as a device without needing the original remote.

So if it works out cheaper to do so, perhaps get yourself a second hand universal remote and do it that way?

Let me know if I can help in any other way!!

Bit of a long shot, but last year I bought some Panasonic DVD recorders from the BBC TVC auction, which came without remotes. I found a firm called RemotesReplaced (also trading as Linkwebb.co.uk) on Amazon, who manufacture compatibles at a very reasonable price (mine was £11 inc postage).

Archived