2 Live feeds sent to projector on a delay

AmeliaGP

Hi there. I'm designing a theatrical experience for music festival goers and wondered if anyone could offer any advice on the kind of software and set up that would best suit my needs.

The experience involves two rooms. In the first room, visitors have their images recorded against a green screen. In the second room, these same images are projected onto mannequins to give the illusion that their images have been captured three-dimensionally. There are two cameras recording two different visitors. What I need is a program that can manage two camera inputs, key out the green screen and send the images to one projector on a short time delay (2-3 minutes). The system will be embedded in the installation without a pilot, so it needs to be self-sustaining.

I've started to mess around with Max MSP but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions or experience with Max.

Thanks for any help!

Amelia

This is a job for Isadora. [Website]

But... Even though 2.0 is now (finally!) out it still looks like it can only handle 2GB or RAM, so you may need to compromise on resolution or colour depth to get your required delay. [helpful link], Mark's post about 3rd down.

Edited to add: Another possibility is v4 [website], which is another patching system, it has a function to delay video which stores that frame in the graphics card memory, and theres lots of graphics cards with gigs of memory. There is a few patch examples [here] and they seem quite similar to what you're doing. V4 has a hell of a learning curve, but it does the business.

Thanks for all the links - super helpful!

This is a job for Isadora. [Website]

But... Even though 2.0 is now (finally!) out it still looks like it can only handle 2GB or RAM, so you may need to compromise on resolution or colour depth to get your required delay. [helpful link], Mark's post about 3rd down.

Edited to add: Another possibility is v4 [website], which is another patching system, it has a function to delay video which stores that frame in the graphics card memory, and theres lots of graphics cards with gigs of memory. There is a few patch examples [here] and they seem quite similar to what you're doing. V4 has a hell of a learning curve, but it does the business.

I have also seen it done on a DVD /hdd recorder

It certainly worked. Call be simple but I don't understand the two camera thing ?

I can see one camera sent to a projector with a delay but what does the other camera do?

Archived