Cheaper source for bulk dark grey paint

solex

Hello all,

I've been working off and on a prototype set for the last couple of months, the base coat for the set is a dark grey colour we had made up at leylands (https://www.dropbox.com/s/elye1fmy8zy0urm/2015-07-08%2015.24.34.jpg?dl=0)

It looks great on the set, but the largest tub they do at this dark a colour is 5ltrs (£24.98) with no bulk discount, we will need around 50ltrs for the build.

Does anyone have any tips for where we could buy grey paint at a bulk price that is, roughly this shade (happy to change to something fairly close for the main build), matt and ideally ok with being used in a compressor powered spray gun. Either in London or able to be delivered.

Cheers all :)

To be honest last time I needed a bulk of great I got 10l tubs of white paint , (not the crap homebase/b&q stuff but mid range price from brewers) and a tin of flints black and mixed my self, plaster mixer on a drill and job done. Experiment but so long as your measures are good you will have a fair mix, (and of course when experimenting you can then scale up) a faint memory says maybe 300ml black to 10l white will be a deep grey.

@Lufty - Cheers, have sent them a request for a quote.

@the kid - that's definitely an option, but the last time I tried to do it myself I suck at mixing paints in bulk and having them match, will see if I can find someone better at it :)

Archived