TRANTEC S4.4 RECEIVER

holliesam

I run a Non-profit making Junior Football Club and bought awireless microphone system with a grant we received in September. The microphone isfor our annual presentation night which is always the 1st week inJune. I unpacked the microphone on Sunday night but know absolutely nothingabout how these work so rang a friend who says there should also be a receiver which has obviously not been sent! All we have is a microphone s4.4 hdx-eaw and a scart cable. Obviously it is all still brandnew and unused in the box.

I have been to the shop but it is now called PMTand they will not help - it was originally Sounds Live but they are no more and have been taken over by PMT.

I am now desperate for a wireless microphone I can actually usefor Saturday night or over 200 people including 60 children will be verydisappointed. Does anyone have a receiver for sale or would part ex this Mic for a full system?

Thanks

Looks like you might have been done (or at least were badly advised or asked the wrong questions).

You do indeed need a receiver to go with your mic. Unfortunately if you buy them on their own they are relatively expensive.

What you meant to buy was a mic / receiver set

http://www.canford.co.uk/Products/22862/74-5142_TRANTEC-S4.4H-EA-UK-RADIOMIC-SYSTEM-UHF-handheld-4-frequency-dynamic-mic

If I were you I would cut my loses and buy this kit so you will have what you need for the weekend. I recently bought the same system and Canford were pretty good on price given the guaranteed delivery time.

If you can get the original seller to take back the other mic then you're OK, if not you have a spare. (You can't use them both with the one receiver).

T

Moderation: I've moved this to sound, where people can respond - members can't post in the wanted section - only the mods can

Perhaps also important to check what frequency it works on - if it's an old item (and God knows what the Scart cable is for) been sitting around, it could be in the old channel 69/70 band, or the newer ch38 allocation. Receivers for this band will be rarer - but I have had them working with Sennheiser receivers, which are frequently available on Ebay for not much money when not packaged with a matching transmitter. Worth a look. There is a slight difference in the sound with the Sennheiser receiver - the commanders are a little differently set up, so it sounds a little louder, and not as warm. If your one has the dynamic capsule, this may not be a bad thing!

I suspect after this time, you are in a real hole - but somebody local may well be able to help.

Hi there I am near Newcastle and can lend you a radio mic if you are unable to sort things.

I have two sennheiser systems that are identical to the Trantec ones on CH70.

Even though PMT have taken over sounds live I would have thought they should still be responsible for any sales and warranty if they have bought out the business.

P.S check your inbox on here Anna as there are two of us that have left messages to help.

If you can't borrow a wireless mic system for this event then perhaps look at hiring one. Also, might be a silly question, but do you have a loudspeaker/PA system to plug it into? We've had that assumption from customers before...

In terms of following up the original purchase, Sounds Live (Newcastle) Ltd are still listed as trading on the Companies House website. Their registered address appears to be 392 PRINCESWAY NORTH, TEAM VALLEY TRADING EST, GATESHEAD, NE11 0TU. Might be worth a visit to see if this can be resolved post-event. Also, if you paid by card you can always look to get a chargeback through your card provider.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Archived