Rig Check Procedure

topsy100

The proverbial piece of string.

Everything depends on what YOU think you need to check pre show every time.

Run every lantern (including backups) at 20% or so and KNOW where they all are to confirm lamps haven't blown.

Run every mover/LED at a similar level and maybe with a set movement parameter to ensure they're powered and doing what's expected.

And specific non luminaires under your control have a set test routine.

But that all depends on what you have.

the MOST important thing is to do it early enough so that you can address ALL issues that arise in plenty of time.

Last time I did a big rig check we had a separate stack for checking that went though all parameters of the intelligent units, esp good with older units where there is less feedback of errors.

I think we also had some spot focus' built in to the check as well.

Not having got into all this hi-tech moving/waggling stuff for most of my shows, I just have a preset cue that fades everything in at 20-30%, & then walk the floor, at least 15 mins before "doors", followed by a walk-round of the grid to see if anything has drooped or got kicked.

specials one by one, in case nobody owned up to smacking a profile with a ladder.

Wash's

Frontlight

Leds

Movers

In that order, changed to suit the show. Then usually a 10-15 pre heat before doors for rock and roll.

Archived