Neutrik connectors with no cable back to back

Marineboy63

Moderation: I've made a rather clumsy edit to the title because originally, it said mains, and the first post mentioned spikiness, then we moved to powercons, then more mains connectors. The title is a bit poor, to be honest, but I was stumped - perfectly happy to rename it again, if anyone has a better idea. Paul Mods

powerCON 20A has non-mating male and female connectors (so you need a coupler), and is "without breaking capacity" so shouldn't be connected / disconnected whilst connected to mains.

powerCON TRUE1 has mating male and female connectors (so you don't need a coupler), and has breaking capacity so can be connected / disconnected whilst connected to mains.

Sorry all,

Meant Powercon not Speakon and coupler not connector block. Wrting without thinking. (Connector block! What century am I living in?)

'Without breaking capacity' makes sense. I thought there must be a reason. (Does everyone who uses them know that?)

I'll look up powerCON TRUE1.

The point is still valid with sound cables though.

'Without breaking capacity' makes sense. I thought there must be a reason. (Does everyone who uses them know that?)

Probably not, although it is mentioned several times on the product's page on the Neutrik website.

The point is still valid with sound cables though.

Ah, but if you have cables with 'female' connectors on them then you'd have to be careful about which way you ran them out and you'd need more cables than you do at the moment because you'd have to stock both varieties.

Archived