Behringer B300 powered speaker issue

shindyra

Hey there,

I have a Behringer B300 powered speaker, I have replaced both the main driver and the tweeter, however I still get massive thumps when switching on and off and also certain tones produce a crackle.

Looking for an urgent fix for this and was hoping you could help.

Thanks in advanced

Will.

1423395488[/url]' post='516928']

Is your gain turned up too high or perhaps switched to the mic setting with a line input? Does the overload indicator flash?

I don't think so, I have the other speaker of the pair and works absolutely fine, I am just trying to get it fixed otherwise I've wasted a lot of money on spare parts and have lost a main pair of speakers.

The speaker crackles at certain frequencies and has the dreaded thud on power up

I would check that the pos/neg power supply rails on the main power amp are both good. Sounds like one of them may be at the wrong voltage or not there at all giving DC offsets.

By using the working speaker to check against, you should be able to spot any problems.

I would check that the pos/neg power supply rails on the main power amp are both good. Sounds like one of them may be at the wrong voltage or not there at all giving DC offsets.

By using the working speaker to check against, you should be able to spot any problems.

How would I go about checking that?

How would I go about checking that?

Poking about with a multimeter - sounds like you might need to get some assistance with this as there's potential to hurt yourself and/or blow things up if you don't know what you are doing.

In the nicest possible way it sounds like you are clutching at straws so just take it into a technician to fix for you to save further damage and/or injury :)

+1 to that. The most difficult faults to diagnose are the ones where someone has already had a go and failed. And in doing so they've unwittingly destroyed the 'forensic' evidence that helps the next guy trace the root cause of the fault.

Dave

Archived