Drum Mic's for Vocals?

JamesR

Hi All,

An extremely weird question. I use AKG Rhythm Packs we have two and some line 6 wireless microphones. I wondered if a D40 would work well as a Vocal microphone for backing singers? it would save me having to buy a new microphone as we have spare D40s for guitars and precision as well as acoustic guitars, trumpets, saxophones... I wondered it it work as a Vocal mike?

Anyone ever done this at all in their lives??

KR

James

I've not tried things the way around you're suggesting but I have (quite often in fact) used mics that I have primarily for vocals on toms--and it's been fine. I have no reason to thing the opposite wouldn't work.

Only way to know for sure is to try it though.

Mark, one assumes you are actually referring to the D112. The mic that if you were to replace it with a rather mediocre piece of Salmon that has been kept in a bucket of Salamander urine for several weeks then Beethoven himself would instantly note the vast improvement in sound quality. Not the D12 however, which is an excellent choice of microphone for anything you put it on.

Rob

Archived