Mac 250 Wash Blowing lamps

Nicktaylor

My four units are out on a show. Yesterday one blew a lamp, I assume a gentle failur but the replacement lasted two minutes. The technician person there is experienced so I doubt operator error. Is there anything sensible that could be causing lamp failure? When back I can check things out more

If the person replacing the lamps is catching the bulb by bear hands and not in a clean cloth can cause this. I should say I have seen someone replace one and he was told not to use his bear hands on the bulb and it only lasted 5 minutes or less.

The lamp was a proper Phillips I think. As to incorrect tap of the voltage they were bought from a reputable company and have been out a few times before. The people with the kit shoukd know not to handle. But of course who knows!

The lamp was a proper Phillips I think. As to incorrect tap of the voltage they were bought from a reputable company and have been out a few times before. The people with the kit shoukd know not to handle. But of course who knows!

Sadly, that's not a guarantee of a good lamp. I have terrible memories of a batch of a different Philips lamp that clearly had seal stress issues and broke left right and centre. The sales rep was not helpful at all. The next batch (fortunately at OEM prices by then) were fine.

I took the covers off and found the washes have a foam filter on the fan side. It was bunged up with dust. The original lamp was also very opaque so I imagine pretty old. I think the unit was probably having trouble keeping it struck which was the original issue? As I write a test soak test going on. I dont thing the unit gets as hot as the kryptons. We will see!

I took the covers off and found the washes have a foam filter on the fan side. It was bunged up with dust. The original lamp was also very opaque so I imagine pretty old. I think the unit was probably having trouble keeping it struck which was the original issue? As I write a test soak test going on. I dont thing the unit gets as hot as the kryptons. We will see!

And after 45 minutes it shuts down! Most odd!

Archived