Panto Goblet Effect

mickytelford

Hi All,

Just a quick query, I need to make a dry ice type effect coming out of a goblet that somebody is holding for a panto in January. Realistically there isn't enough budget to go with dry ice, and as the goblet is being held I cant use a pond mister, or smoke pellet.

Does anyone know of any water activated smoke pellets that would do the job? or and clever ideas?

Cheers

Goblets studded with "precious stones" are ideal for hiding things and use the coloured stones/buttons to control switches. There should be room inside to hide a smoke pellet and igniter, or to hide and control an e-cigarette to make enough "smoke" Lets face it 12v of Li-ion inside and you could run a pond mister for the whole show.

I'd argue that compared to smoke pellets or any pyro/burning based system dry ice is actually cheaper, safer and more convenient to implement.

If you're not going down that route then 4 or 5 cheep e-cigs (you can actually buy them at pound stores now!) attached to a rubber bulb to "blow" backwards through them will produce an impressive amount of smoke for the least hassle and complication. Go with the cheapest ecigs you can find - buying premium brands, vape units or refillable ones is a waste of time and money as in this instance they won't produce anything any better than the most basic models will.

t

...dry ice is actually cheaper, safer and more convenient to implement.

I guess this is one of those 'lots more info required' cases.

Certainly, if the OP can get it, dry ice, at around £50 a box, might be an option. And they'd probably get a one-week run out of a box with a bit of care. If this is a 70+ show run then the economics will change.

...or dry ice the cost depends totally on the locality of suppliers, and the transport available.

Not quite the problem it used to be. We had some dry ice on a production in Glasgow recently and it was shipped to us by parcel courier from Grimsby.

Dry Ice UK

Archived