New Steelies

Will_Tech

Hello

I've hard a search around and the last time a thread started on this topic was 2010, and I thought a few things may have changed since then.

Time has come for a new pair of steels. Last few years I've gone through several types including traditional steel, composite and carbon fibre.

Mainly work in theatre so they don't have to be capable of going through a muddy field. Looking for some ideally not black, warm and most of all comfortable. Looking to spend between £35-£75 ideally, not really interested in buying £25 sets that last 10 minutes anymore.

Anyone got anything that they could recommend?

Ta!

+1 for Sports Direct - although their customer service is worth experiencing just for its sheer awfulness.

Independently of Kit, I've bought safety boots and shoes by Dunlop for about £30 a pair, and they are doing fine...

I have used Doc Marten steelies, but eventually find the interior starts breaking up or the cushion soles start splitting. I suspect they are not quite the shoe they were 30 years ago...

up until the latest pair I was a fan of the shoe zones £25 steelies,would last a good while of almost daily wear.However they've changed the design and now about all there good for is skating on anything apart from the driest of surfaces even though there supposedly slip resistant.Currently awaiting delivery of a pair of dickes from cpc after hearing good reports about them.

There is a show called "going deep" the host is, well I think on some form of narcotic to be that excitable, you should see how happy he gets when digging a hole or tossing a coin.

It's not the best of experiments but it would appear that swapping out for parachute cord might be a plan, I have never seen cord shoelace thick but I'm sure it exists.

Got myself a pair of Cat 'Kaufman' boots a month or so ago, and they're very comfortable, and wearing in well. Steel toe and midsole, and a non slip sole that is pretty grippy. They're also lighter than my standard Cat boots, which was quite surprising.

Give it 9 months and I'll tell you just how good they are, and if they suffer from wearing through at the ball of the foot...

I like the Magnum ones.

http://www.magnumboo...ens-womens.html

Waterproof, composite protection not steel makes them lighter so easier on the legs all day. The side zip makes them easy to take off but also usefully allows you to get inside them better for cleaning; and can also be undone when you're sitting so if like me you have sweaty feet you can keep them cooler.

That said I've always maintained if Merrell did steel toe boots I would buy them all and make sweet love to them in a massive safety boot orgy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived