Quad's used in cirque

the kid

I found this today.

(full video here

)

It is a pretty interesting idea I can see Cirque running with it, and running really really far, to create some great work. Though 10 quads is going to be quite loud, a show with perhaps 50 would be crazy. Right now only maybe 20 mins MAX flying time so lots of changing.

I can see it being not too long before everyone will be trying to integrate this idea. I know Disney did some stuff a few years ago for "how to train a dragon" but that I believe was a power glider with a dragon attached.

I'm pretty sure that the states has rushed through legislation that now bans automated waypoint (GPS) flight. You also cannot do POV flight and need to have eyes on the craft at all times. IIRC you can't even do it on your own property. Many farmers had been using quads to keep an eye on their livestock until now.

It will not be long before it will be the same here...

Waypoint is "ok" DJI have it for the phantoms, it does have built in locks to stop too high and certain areas etc (as far as I know from lots of reading)

They have opened up the floor quite a bit to issues because it does stop the hobby end as much as the work.

At least they are doing it as it rises rather than a drone crash causing an accident and the whole thing being shut down.

It will get copied by directors and theatre / concert people "because they saw it at cirque" but it won't filter down to 99% of the circus world a) because of cost and b ) because it's not actually human performance - circus being all about the display of specific human skills (be they acrobatic, mastery of animals, comedic, etc) hence why 101 other very cool but entirely technological things have never made it in to the circus world.

Brilliant stuff but the backlash against the cowboys might just restrict drone use severely simply because nobody follows the rules.

The US as usual leads the way but just imagine what the incompetent UK legislators could screw up on this.

Lot of business in aerial surveys, though thought of some roofers armed with drones is worrying ;-)

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/watchdog-issues-drone-warning-to-housing-associations/7005700.article

CAA seem to have a pragmatic attitude to them so far:

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=1995&pagetype=90

Sharks with frigging lasers on their heads,so last decade ,now it`s Dave Double Dex with a Drone...

Archived