Three Lights on One Stand.

Owen Radmore

Hi

I have a wind up stand and I have three lights to put on it. Lights weighing approx 8kg each.

Currently I have t top which a bar goes through and light hang down from the bar. The bar is quite short.

Is there a top which would fit on the top of stand which would go out either side and then have an upright up so two lights would be either side

and the third would be over the center of the stand fitting onto the extension upright.

Owen.

Assuming the stand and T bar is suitably rated, there's nothing stopping you loading it off centre - it should be designed for such loading.

And a short T bar will keep the centre of gravity pretty central anyway.

My concern would be an unbalanced load would make it a bit easier to tip over - depends on your application as to whether or not this is an issue.

Assuming the stand and T bar is suitably rated, there's nothing stopping you loading it off centre - it should be designed for such loading.

And a short T bar will keep the centre of gravity pretty central anyway.

My concern would be an unbalanced load would make it a bit easier to tip over - depends on your application as to whether or not this is an issue.

Yes the problem is balance not the load on the stand and the fact that the upright of stand prevents the light hanging down in the middle.

http://I.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/4kUAAOSws7ZTrbw4/$_35.JPG

If I could find something like this to attach to my existing stand with the two lights on the arms and the third light on the top.

Could you invert the saddle on the centre lantern and bolt it onto the crossbar?

That would be my solution - indeed I often used to do it. You may need a slightly longer bolt.

Mmm possible the lights are hung using hook clamps or couplers over round bar if it could be attached above

the bar and over the center....

Sorry I may have missed something but why not rig one lantern each side of the upright and then over-rig the third lantern in the middle? (Well of course it'll be slightly off centre)

You don't even need to invert the yoke really, just hang the fixture upside down (unless using with a gobo)

You're putting a moving light on top of a stand? The fact that your example picture above is of a dj type lighting stand makes me wonder if you're unaware of what may happen with a moving light on a stand. ..

No I'm not putting a moving light on a lighting stand, although the right kind of stand it wouldn't be a problem.

I was merely showing what id found as possible extensions to rig two lights to the stands although id be very wary of the strength of the

side arms.!! alright for very lite weight par cans.

I think rigging two down and one up is the best solution....

Do you want the lights rigged symmetrically? If not, you can put the C-of-G in the middle without over-rigging any of them just by having two close to the stand one side and one further away the other. (Eg - take a 120cm T bar, and rig one light 20cm and one 40cm from the stand on the left, and a third 60cm from the stand on the right.)

Do you want the lights rigged symmetrically? If not, you can put the C-of-G in the middle without over-rigging any of them just by having two close to the stand one side and one further away the other. (Eg - take a 120cm T bar, and rig one light 20cm and one 40cm from the stand on the left, and a third 60cm from the stand on the right.)

Or have the T-Bar clamped outside the middle. If you have the bar sticking out one side more than the other, you can have the lights themselves symmetrical but the stand not in the middle, if that makes sense.

Yes this does mean the weight is not in the middle, so you will have to check it is within the capability of the stand to take that much load in that manner.

Archived