Re wiring Shure WL185 Lav Mic

GR1

Has anyone had to replace the couple of inches of cable where it enters the Lav mic assembly on a Shure WL 185 Lav Mic? I can unscrew the capsule from the body and remove the clip and pop shield but I can't see how to get the bottom off to re wire the cable, cutting the faulty couple of inches off. Suggestions please ....

They do a replacement cable for this model which comes complete with capsule housing, so would guess that it is neigh on impossible to replace the cable. I don't know the actual mic so may stand corrected.

Has anyone had to replace the couple of inches of cable where it enters the Lav mic assembly on a Shure WL 185 Lav Mic? I can unscrew the capsule from the body and remove the clip and pop shield but I can't see how to get the bottom off to re wire the cable, cutting the faulty couple of inches off. Suggestions please ....

Some time since I have done this, but aren't there two small holes in the base that you put circlip type pliers in and rotate to remove?

Archived