converting a speaker signal to a headphone signal

stringman

Hi all,

Not sure if this should be in the general technical forum but I thought I would give it a go here!

Long story short I bought a TomTom Bluetooth sat nav with a view to using it via a Bluetooth headset on the motorbike (as I was too tight to buy the hugely expensive TomTom Rider series)

I have just found out that the Bluetooth only connects to phones! so no good for what I want. So I was thinking if I could buy a cheap Bluetooth transmitter that could work. The TomTom doesn't have and audio jack so I wondered how easy it would be to wire in an attenuated 3.5mm jack off the speaker feed?

It should only be a resistor or 2 shouldn't it?

Does anyone have an idea of how to go about this?

Thanks in advance.

To be honest, I picked up a possibly crappy Lidl/Aldi wired intercom for bikes with the intention of bunging my existing basic Tom Tom into a tupperware box and leaving the Mic in there!

it was £9.99 or something. A bit basic but a plastic box and some blutac and you're off.

I googled "TomTom Modification Motorbike" and loads came up

http://www.ianparsons.info/tomtom.htm

470 ohms seems to do it

Dave m

thanks for that, I will google that ( I have just been googling speaker signal to headphone)

Jivemaster

Its not going to the headset direct but to a buetooth transmitter.

I am guessing that will be 23ohm (standard headphone impedance) I wont know the speaker until I actually receive the unit.

Thanks

Archived