Anyone know what fixture this is?

Stu

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry :D but where can I get one of those space cannon torches from??

How cool are they.

And them space cannons Queen are using, is there any need for anything that bloody huge??

Surely they could have got an impressive effect with something smaller??

Surely they could have got an impressive effect with something smaller??

Since when has the word 'smaller' been associated with Queen lighting rigs?! Anyone who remembers their gargantuan parcan rigs of the 70's and 80's will know that 'small' is a concept that they simply don't do! Bigger is quite definitely better in the Queen camp, I think ... :D

Sorry for the delay in replying everyone, been very busy !

Anyway, the fixtures along the back are actually Syncrolite SX3K inside a Mark Fisher designed housing to make them look like WWII searchlights, they are manually operated for movement, with DMX control still available for shutter and colour scroller.

The rest of the rig is masses of Mac 2000s (Washes, Performances and Profiles), combined with Coemar iFlex 2K profiles, ACL bars, DWEs, vast majority of it mounted on James Thomas Broadway trusses which all move independently at various parts of the show. Control is via two Wholehog IIs with overdrives and wings.

Lighting designer and director is Barry Halpin, and frankly, the show rocks, and looks amazing !!

Catch it if you can.

If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to email me directly.

Regards,

Mark

I believe some Color Blocks may have been used on the drum riser too! :rolleyes:

Glyn O'Donoghue

glyn.odonoghue@aclighting.com

Mr O'Donoghue is absolutely correct, there are indeed 4 x Color Blocks used to back light the drum skin, they where chosen for their high light output and low heat.

Thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Everyone worries about moving lights and a major tour does it by hand.

Seriously though, why make things complex? And hand operated is smoother too.

The searchlights are manually operated as part of the theatrics of the show, and it does give a very different movement than the other Syncrolites on the rig.

And there are plenty of moving lights on the rig dont worry !

Regards,

Mark

Mark, I have a question... I was at the dreaded Wembley gig that Queen so hated ding, am I correct in thinking tho that they did not use all the kit nor did they do any of the truss moves, from what I could see (not very much) they didnt.

Gareth

Archived