Anyone know what fixture this is?

Stu

Just looking at pics from the new Queen tour and they've got 4-6 huge Syncrolite type lights along the back of the stage, but I don't think they are Syncrolite's because they are more smooth and sleek and minus the gel scroller.

Here's a pic for you all to look at

Pic 1

Pic 2

Anyway hope someone can help. Seriously bugging me now..

Stu

PS. Only a few months til I'll be there rocking it out in Hyde Park! :)!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right they are defiantly not syncros, look more like Space cannons.

The LD and crew are friends of mine, will try to find out if you like.

Last I heard they were in South africa mind you.

Bandit Lites UK are the suppliers.

Hi Don.

Yes, if you do manage to find out any more info about the rig I would love to know. I kinda miss the big Par rigs of Queen yesteryear, but the world moves on and from what I've seen video clip wise from Reueters the lighting looks amazing!

Yeah they (Queen) were in South Africa for 46664 last week, Brixton on Monday and Paris tonight. Sorry, bit of a huge Queen fan!

Cheers for your help, and ditto to Rob.

Stu

PS. I feel sorry for Roger having 7kw of light sat about 6ft from him! :S

I must say as technology gets better, most things get smaller, apart from lights!

The show I am doing at the moment in Denmark has 14 Megalights which are 9x 2k floods in one unit, with a huge scroller on the front - try swapping one of them out 40ft in the air!

Anyway back on track, Queen is essentially a Martin rig and they are indeed Space cannons.

Chances are the rig for Hide Park will get bigger to cope with the needs of an outdoor show.

Looks great, saw the Cad drawings a while back - good stuff, I'm sure you will enjoy the show.

Keep a lookout in Lighting and sound international for a review.

if you like the rock and roll par can look, try to find some pictures of the recent Darkness tour, massive par rig with a High end studio beam back wall which you could write words with.

The show I am doing at the moment in Denmark has 14 Megalights which are 9x 2k floods in one unit, with a huge scroller on the front - try swapping one of them out 40ft in the air!

Is that the Hans Cristian Andersen thing?

Don't know if anyone saw it but Newsnight had a review on the tour, some of the footage was quite good.

Edit - just found that lighting designer is Paule Constable.

And Re. The Darkness here is some pictures and a reg spec.

The site looks like an events listing. If you hit the "cache" link you'll see that her name is something to do with The National Theatre, and the queen link is separate.

Archived