Anyone know what fixture this is?

Stu

On a related note, I was at the REM gig in Manchester on Friday, and hanging from the rig was 2 silver cradles, each containing an operator, and a lantern that looks quite like the queeny ones. Was too far back to notice colour changing or anything like that though. Have a couple of photos, but sister has digicam at moment. They also had some very nice looking LED tubes suspended from the rig.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark, I have a question... I was at the dreaded Wembley gig that Queen so hated ding, am I correct in thinking tho that they did not use all the kit nor did they do any of the truss moves, from what I could see (not very much) they didnt.

Gareth

Gareth, you are correct, only about a half of the lighting system was used at Wembley as the current ground support structure is limited to weight you can apply, this is also the reason the trusses did not move during the show as they normally do.

Cheers,

Mark

On a related note, I was at the REM gig in Manchester on Friday, and hanging from the rig was 2 silver cradles, each containing an operator, and a lantern that looks quite like the queeny ones. Was too far back to notice colour changing or anything like that though. Have a couple of photos, but sister has digicam at moment. They also had some very nice looking LED tubes suspended from the rig.

R.E.M is one of our clients too, and I think its a fantastic show by Susanne Sasic.

The operators in the chairs are using Lycian 1271 short throw followspots and the LED tubes are Color Kinetics iColors.

Hope you enjoyed the show.

Regards,

Mark

Thank god I'm going to Hyde Park and not Wembley - from what I've heard that is a horrible venue!

Mark, what kind of stuff have they added for the Hyde Park gig? Not long to go now :** laughs out loud **:

Stu

PS. Oh, do you know if it's being filmed? I know they did Sheffield, just wondering if they are filming any additional bits for the upcoming DVD release.

Thank god I'm going to Hyde Park and not Wembley - from what I've heard that is a horrible venue!

Mark, what kind of stuff have they added for the Hyde Park gig? Not long to go now :** laughs out loud **:

Stu

PS. Oh, do you know if it's being filmed? I know they did Sheffield, just wondering if they are filming any additional bits for the upcoming DVD release.

Stu, Hyde Park adds lots more MAC2000 wash lights (as if they didnt have enough!), lots of banks of 4 cell DWE Moles as audience abuse, and a bunch of other stuff. It will rock.

As for filming, I have heard nothing yet, but it is possible that additional footage will be shot there.

Enjoy !

Mark

R.E.M is one of our clients too, and I think its a fantastic show by Susanne Sasic.

The operators in the chairs are using Lycian 1271 short throw followspots and the LED tubes are Color Kinetics iColors.

Hope you enjoyed the show.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks for telling me, I did wonder what they were there for. When they first climbed up, I thought they were doing a hasty re-rig...

Yes, the show was marvellous. No Shiny Happy People but that's about all I can fault with it.

Thanks again.

Archived