Headphones for Education

TomHoward

Afternoon all

I am looking to replace a lot of the headphones in our music dept as we are getting tired of el-cheapo CPC ones falling apart.

I am looking for bottom end reliable headphones. I am considering Sennheiser HD201s but this a fair price increase (about £15/pair at least) over the cheap ones we are currently using.

Is there anything else in that kind of bracket I should be looking at?

They just need to be durable and not sound like total rubbish, they are mainly for editing, sequencing and possibly studio foldback use. We have some pairs of Dt150s for more critical use but these are everyday music classroom headphones.

Thanks, Tom

We've just tried out some Sony MDRZX100B.AE. They cost us about £11 each, seem quite robust for the price, and also have a 1.2m cable instead of the longer one for headphones of that type - ideal for desktop computers.

How about these from Hills Components, http://www.hillscomponents.co.uk/PD/1034/1900/Robust_Headphone___Mic (you will need to create an account and logon to see actual pricing), they are advertised as extremely robust (virtually un-breakable). They are actually headsets but at a cost of between £4 and £5 per set depending on quantity they are extremely good value and ideal for educational use.

Archived