Digital Music Replay

ANDYLASER

Hopefully you can help me out. Looking for a digital music replay (& recording) system. Something along the lines of a rackmount PC, but with a built in touch screen so no external items are required. I remember seeing something at PLASA last year, but have no idea who made it. Any ideas?

Was it www.computerdj.com that you were looking at or am I way off ?

That is just one of those links-referrers sites. Not worth the click. And it has a pop-under... <_<

I am looking at building one of these systems myself, to replace the CD player at work. Reasons being, it's easier to operate in a show, and the display (with time countdown etc) can be distibuted to many locations (FOH etc) easily. My problems so far: finding a touch screen (expensive) and the software.

I am quite interested in this idea too, so will be following this thread closely.

Regards

David

Thanks for the responses so far. Building a PC, even a rack mount one is not a problem.It is the user interface that is. I do not want additional screen or keyboard so touch screen appears to be the only way. Hopefully something will turn up. Also, I do not wish to use MP3 files or data compression. I realise this will be a bit heavy on storage space as I wish to put approx 750 CD's on the system and sound quality and reproduction is paramount.

I am positive I saw exactly what was needed at PLASA by a Chinese company on the first floor. Approx 4u silver rack caes with 5" blue touch screen and CD drawer. Should have paid more attention then, but wasn't looking for one of those at the time.

Andy I have the full list of exhibitors and their locations on CD.

Its currently on the ukslc pc which I cant get to at this current moment in time.

I shall ohowever get it for you tomorrow so that we can figure out which company it was.

Archived