8" 4ohm 200 Watt Driver

djmatthill

I need a replacement Driver for a pair of HK Lucas 1000 Satelites ..

They are 200w , 4Ohm - 8 inch

Its the 4 Ohm I`m struggling with!

I dont wanna spend HK money and the system is only being used for low volume BG Levels so High end drivers not needed.

I was Thinking of Spendig £60 ish n each Driver ?

Any Suggestions on Model numbers etc.

Thanks

Matt

Precision Devices will offer 4ohm versions of their PD.8BM20. Probably worth a call to CPC or Blue Aran to see if either of them will order them in for you?

Hi Chris

Thanks for the Suggestion. If possible I was looking for somthing a little less expensive than the PD`s.

The 8 Ohm version is over £100 each and assume the 4 Ohm would be a similar price if not a little more ?

Ideally a low end driver from a Manafactuer as Eminence / Celestion etc... Do any of the Prolight brands produce drivers like this ?

I was hoping to spend about £60 on each driver...

Apart from the obvious reduction in SPL/sensitivty , is there any other reason I could nt substitue this for a 8 ohm (cheaper and more available) model ?

This looks Expensive My link ...

Any Cheaper ways to do this ?

Or

Is there any way to fool the Amp into thinking the driver is 4Ohm , Can I fit any kind of resistor ?? inline with it to lower the impedance??

Matt

Apart from the obvious reduction in SPL/sensitivty , is there any other reason I could nt substitue this for a 8 ohm (cheaper and more available) model

more than likely youll need to change the crossover

Can I fit any kind of resistor ?? inline with it to lower the impedance??

you could wire an 8 ohm resistor in parallel with the 8 ohm driver,but you'll need a 200w resistor,and half the power will be wasted as heat

• 2 weeks later...

I need a replacement Driver for a pair of HK Lucas 1000 Satelites ..

They are 200w , 4Ohm - 8 inch

Its the 4 Ohm I`m struggling with!

I dont wanna spend HK money and the system is only being used for low volume BG Levels so High end drivers not needed.

I was Thinking of Spendig £60 ish n each Driver ?

Any Suggestions on Model numbers etc.

Thanks

Matt

They are 200RMS or PROGRAM ??

At 60 per driver you could try FaitalPRO 8FE200 , it is an 130W RMS speaker , FaitalPRO makes pretty decent speakers , and they can handle power !!

Hi .

In the end we went with original HK drivers @ £45 each which I thought was cheap!!

I was expecting them to be £100+ each TBH...

Matt Hill

Good stuff http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

BTW did you check the price before posting or just guess? http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

Hi .

In the end we went with original HK drivers @ £45 each which I thought was cheap!!

I was expecting them to be £100+ each TBH...

Matt Hill

Good stuff http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

BTW did you check the price before posting or just guess? http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

I thought that the Original HK Drivers would be in excess of £100 each given the high cost / quality of their stuff TBH.

Thought that it would be inline with Beyma / PD drivers ... But a pleasent surprise to be told that they were only £45 each...

It`s not very often you get nice surprises like that when pricing up gear..

... Who makes HK drivers .. Anyone know ?

Are they OEM or actually manufactured by HK in house ?

Archived