Help Identifying a floor standing Digital Signage Unit.

pete10uk

As Titled.

I've just started looking after a unit which no one has a clue where it came from or a model of what it is and it doesn't have any supplier markings on it at all.

The only thing I can tell you is that it appears to be a Samsung screen and the content is updated using a piece of software called xmlEditor.

When the unit is turned on you are greater with the screen pictured and the unit looks like the second image.

Any help identifing the unit would be most appreciated. Ultimately we are looking for an instruction manual, a replacement remote and supplier support.

Cheers

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

Does THIS help at all, Pete? Samsung make the panels but it appears that oodles of our friends in Shenzhen make them up into floor standing units.

Have you tried emailing Samsung US? Their support is probably the best and they market dozens of Digital Displays under business/marketing.

Not my bag this technowizardry so forgive any iggorance.

I recall that those freestanding units tend to be referred to as Totems. Samsung's digital signage offering was called Magicinfo last time I was looking for such things. Does it run windows? Can you get to a desktop?

I recall that those freestanding units tend to be referred to as Totems. Samsung's digital signage offering was called Magicinfo last time I was looking for such things. Does it run windows? Can you get to a desktop?

Hi Shez

No the screen inside is only a chassis and there is a built in media player circuit board (either part of the screen or retro fitted by someone). Every time it is booted it just displays the "LCD AD Display" Logo before loading the programmed images, so is not windows based. I was hoping this was the default built in media player for samsung but Magicinfo now rings a bell, so I guess not.

I'm hoping that someone may recall seeing the "LCD AD Display" Ladder Logo and may be able to point me in the right direction for the manual.

The issue we are having is the screen has just started to turn off in the middle of the afternoon after a short message saying auto power off in 5 seconds (or similar).

Putting some appropriate search terms into Google suggests it may be http://www.deltaco.se/support/manual/lcd-20_eng.pdf - that certainly uses "xmlEditor"

If so, it'll have a slot for a CF card, and should have a remote control.

edit: or http://www.solix.pl/allegro/GV/post/DP_V_e.pdf

That is certainly the correct xlmEditor software and the link to the instruction book appears to indicate a clear on/off timer which is what I think we need to change.

I'm presuming that the button battery sited on the media player which is probably to keep the time has died and the unit was switched off and the time reset thus we have our problem. However without the remote I'm stumped.

Not sure that we have the exact mode, l as the unit has a CF card and a lockable slot on the side but the CF card is not accessable through the slot, instead you pull out a USB extension cable and plug in a USB stick and the unit detects this and uploads the new program.

It's a surprise that either the maker or the dealer/supplier of the unit hasn't put on any contact details, it’s a really nice unit, well built and has been reliable, they should advertise them selfs.

Archived