Cans

Modge

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
erm thats why a good sm says" LX 35  go"  or "SFX97 go" tune yer ears to define the difrence between lx,sfx,fx,flys, go,no  and any  combination there going to throw at ya

Couldn't agree more, it really annoys me when a DSM doesn't understand how to cue a show properly. I've had one individual turn round to someone in the wings and shout "Go" at them while his cans are still open. That's just asking for trouble when you have 4 departments on standby...

And people talking/singing/breathing/chewing on cans during a busy show. Cans have a mute buton for a reason. Or better still PTT.

Sorry for going a Off topic but the problem I find (as a DSM/ SM) is that you are often given the master station at the prompt desk and if you turn your mic off you turn the your hearing off as well so you can't do that!! Its so annoying having to give yourself a box when you are right infront of the master station and we often run out of boxes so I have to spend the whole show breating very quietly!! Does anyone know a way arround it??

Sam

but is its possible turn your cans up to full so you can take the headset off still here if anyone needs you but they wont pick up your every word and breath.

Edit = off topic removed as its now in a different topic that applies to the comments made

Of course as they say, there is more than one way to skin a cat.... Over Panto I accidentally dropped my cans and managed to catch it by the lead of the headset and ripped it out of socket. So a couple of seconds later I was on the phone to the prompt corner and spent the rest of the show being cued by the phone. Made the panto slightly more interesting I suppose....... <_<

Stu

Worst thing to happen on cans?

Two of us running a show for Cheapskate Producshuns (it was spelt like that on the van). Me on the board and running the show and the boy doing not much really. He was only there cos I couldn't work the tabs and run board that the same time. It's a long boring show and the boy needs to relieve himself. I wish he'd taken his cans off. It wasn't number ones either ;) <_<

Tim

(We need a vomiting smilie)

if you turn your mic off you turn the your hearing off as well so you can't do that!!

I've lost the plot here. Am I assuming you are using double eared cans and then using the mic to get the sound of what is going on around you back into them? Single ear cans let you have comm sound and real sound at the same time, and my brain lets me separate them quite easily - or have I misunderstood

Paul

Sorry couldn't think of how to put it... When you turn your mic off you turn your headset speaker off as well!!

Still not expressed well- hope you know what I mean,

Sam

If turning your mic off also turns off your headset earpiece, then your cans system is either sh*te or broken ...

Our can system is just like this - if you mute your mic on the base station, it mutes your hearing as well, so you have to leave the mic un-muted to hear whats going on.

Its a tecpro system and its not broken, thats how its designed, as its got two separate circuits, I think the idea being so you know you are talking to the circuit you are listening to....

Archived