Parcan Up Lights

Stee_cri1

Some venues in London and likely elsewhere refuse to allow PAR can uplighters because of risk or reality of the walls, carpet or drapes being scorched. While there is no law to prohibit them there may be a venue manager to do so!

Also I was at a function with 30 1k PAR64s for uplighting with each only a pale steel blue gel. The party host refused to go into this overlit room for dinner til they were turned right down.

My view is that PAR cans should not be used as uplighters if within easy reach of ......drunk adults,

Damn right, do you have any idea how hard it is to clean a floor can that someone has thrown up into, and then continued to cook at 1kw for an hour.

My view is that PAR cans should not be used as uplighters if within easy reach of ......drunk adults,

Damn right, do you have any idea how hard it is to clean a floor can that someone has thrown up into, and then continued to cook at 1kw for an hour.

Mmmm... crispy ;)

Presented with that, I think I too would be calling for Huey, but in a more appropriate place..... :rolleyes:

But really??? Pressure washer at a safe distance methinks, followed by steam cleaner, possibly followed by petrol and a match :o

I tend to limit myself to using them on stage or areas where there’s no public access, including as uplighters, for all the reasons discussed.

Of course drunk adults still have access to them there, but since these adults are called “the band” it’s possible to explain to any musicians likely to be near them that they shouldn’t touch them...

Your life will be easier with LED’s though. Especially if they’re of the battery and wireless DMX variety

I think you may have inadvertently used a homophone there, Tony.

"A semi-permanent Marquis with brown stains" means something rather different than you had intended! :)

Bloody spill chockers... Grrr...http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Archived