Suggestion for power amp with quieter fan

alangeering

Dear BR,

I've got a Carlsbro Power line 300. Its cheap and reliable and fits well in a shallow wall rack. The only thing wrong with it is the noise the fan makes. Given the current hot weather I'm not too keen on modifying it to slow the fan. The fan isn't temperature dependant anyway - it always runs fast and loud.

Are there asny recommended alternatives that are under £200? Or available 2nd hand?

Thanks,

Alan

If the amp still has parts support, then buy and fit a new fan. -Fans get noisier as they get older.

I had a very good Chevin research A300 -nice sounding small and light 150+150 into 4ohms One from ebay or a dealer's bargain area would be perfect for you -no fan at all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chevin-A1000-Series-power-amplifier-in-ABS-case-/221253494681?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item3383bc6799

May be good if it goes for a reasonable price.

If the amp still has parts support, then buy and fit a new fan. -Fans get noisier as they get older.

I had a very good Chevin research A300 -nice sounding small and light 150+150 into 4ohms One from ebay or a dealer's bargain area would be perfect for you -no fan at all.

A300 does have a fan actually, it's inside the unit blowing from top to bottom through a hole in the PCB. But they are very quiet.

Archived