Showtec XS-6

Jamtastic3

Just saw this come up on my Youtube results.

It's er, certainly interesting. Moving head meets classic helicopter I think. Can't see it being very successful, even in the DJ market - it's bloody huge.....!

It's also priced at up to £2000!

It`s a centrepiece , in a long tradition of the things from people like Clay Paky, Coemar and Griven, stick in the centre of dancefloor , perhaps few auxiliary scanners or other effects scattered around, long internal programs mean it`s a liteshow in a box that dosen`t need an operator which suits fun bars, for the more sophisticated venue hoping someone is going to do a modern version of the Lynx elevator;-)

Mechanically think its quite neat and an original rather than copy idea from the Chinese.

Showtec thing reminiscent of the CP Astroraggi, which is still available, must have been in production for more than 20 years at a guess:

http://claypaky.archistage.com/en/products/astroraggi-power

Dozen scanners bolted together sounds like a Griven Splendid

http://vintagenightclublighting.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/griven-catalogues.html

I`ll get me anorak...

And if it breaks you have a very poor light show. some of the venues I work in have a very poor record of looking after kit and but it not only the venue it also down to who hire`s them the kit not keeping on top of looking after them. once a item like get starts to get unloved it will show.

yup...

and in the hard times for the licenced trade it seems to be this kit that first on the ignore list, went out a few weeks ago in Leeds, and in most of the bars/club we went into, there were multiple dead lamps.

Nothing annoys me more than waggly mirror waggling about with dead lamps...

Innovative. Horrible, but innovative. And so much unproven technology to go wrong (I wait to be proven otherwise in years to come). 45kg is a lot of weight for something with so little output - hopefully the Mk2 will be along in a couple of years with more than 10w LEDs.

Still, they'll end up in small town clubs wanting something different to replace their TAS Synchro Digitals that they only got round to ripping out the ceiling about 2 years ago!

I do like the innovation though and hope they can produe other novel units.

Archived