Baggy shorts.

Has anyone noticed that the UK version of Dickies cargo pocket work shorts are a somewhat leaner cut than the American version? I know Dickies is really just a Chinese manufactured brand in the UK (and probably the USA) but I'd rather have the looser leg version.

Any suggestions for a brand of cargo shorts in the UK that don't "economise" on material or try to pander to the corporate fashionistas.

I'm thinking "American look roadie shorts" here.

Now, an option for me is "go to America and buy some*" but I guess that doesn't work for you so much. http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

* = It's about an hour's drive from my house to the US of A.

However, for the right price, I'm sure you'd "go to America and buy some" and post them ;) $$$ :P

When I've been in the States, I've brought all kinds of things back with me. Less of a big deal these days but when I first went 10+yrs ago there was lots of stuff that you either couldn't find over here, or was vastly cheaper. I still wonder what airport security would have made of my suitcase filled with multitools, wire strippers, and microphones.

On the other hand, at one point the price discrepancy between the dollar and sterling price for Adobe Creative Suite was such, that you could fly to New York, stay the night in an agreeable hotel, buy the software over the counter the following morning, and fly home, and still have spent less money than buying in the UK.

However, for the right price, I'm sure you'd "go to America and buy some" and post them ;) $$$ :P

Or buy them online from Sears or somewhere, and have them shipped home by a shipping service like myus.com

Or just go to amazon.com?

Hmm, I've never really considered if the .com branch of Amazon ships to the UK. I know a lot of the stuff simply doesn't appear on the .uk version.

It's a while since I've been to the USA so my existing supply of American shorts has worn out. I did indeed travel light and return heavy to gain the benefit of the more generous American clothing sizes.

Archived