Chamsys fixture patch

michael

Evening all,

I came across something I haven't had to deal with before whilst using a chamsys console today and I think I know the answer but just want to double check :)I patched some Stairville LED battens that have there own fixture personality which was fine, I then went across to the intensity page and the fixtures where in a grey box and I was unable to select them.I am assuming I am going to need to patch a virtual dimmer? I just wanted to check I hadn't missed something out because it seems that the fixture already has a dimmer channel?

Thanks,

Michael

If the fixture already has a dimmer channel then there should be no need to patch a virtual dimmer, and I believe may not even be possible. It's possibly a problem with the personality file, exactly which personality were you using?

What your seeing is certainly what you would experience with a fixture with no dimmer attribute.

EDIT If it's either of the Starville LED Bar 252 personality's neither of these have dimmer channels in the personality file.

Ok so I've watched the video and still cannot seem to be able to patch a virtual dimmer...

I've patched the LED fixtures and created a dimmer channel on a separate universe and changed its head number to the same head number as the LED but still nothing, all that happens when the LED is plugged in is starts strobing.

Any ideas on what I seem to be doing wrong?We are running the beta version of the software (if that makes a difference?) because that's all that will work with the new PC wing compact which we have.

I've patched the LED fixtures and created a dimmer channel on a separate universe and changed its head number to the same head number as the LED

how many virtual dimmers have you patched? it looks like each fixture is classed as 4 heads,and the first head is mode and shutter,so try setting up 3 virtual dimers and allocating them to heads 2,3 and 4

All sorted now! Thankfully ;)

You can now select the fixture in the patch window, press shift and click on the fixture and it automatically applies virtual dimmers to the fixture.

Thanks for everyone's help,

Michael

You can now select the fixture in the patch window, press shift and click on the fixture and it automatically applies virtual dimmers to the fixture.

That's interesting, it prompted me to go and look it up in the change log and that started at 1.5.6.0. Can't keep up.

I'll add it to the video but the change isn't just workflow, it's conceptual as the VD now works at Patch level rather than Programmer. Looks like I'm going to have to put a big note on that video and possibly ditch it altogether as the basic ideas are the same but the detail is irrelevant. Ah well.

:rolleyes:

Archived