Tool cases

nunny

Hi all,

Its time to update my tool case, at present I have a custom made flight case which has seen better days.

Id like it to be on wheels, but with some organisation, a lot more people are using Peli 1510 and it seems the stock partitions are useless and everyone ends up with a dump of tools in the bottom.

Any suggestions?

Mike

Just moving over to these: http://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-5140-Canvas-Zipper/dp/B000MKDUKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364390993&sr=8-1&keywords=klein+tools+bag

In my dry sack, because lugging my previous tool box was getting silly - rare is the gig where I need most of it, so I'll keep it in reserve for the few gigs where I do.

they do look quite neat,

I do need to take mod of my kit on site with me as it usually acts as the master tool box, (joys of being the boss)

Mike

I'm using a Peli 1510. I've got 6 canvas pencil cases stuck to the lid with velcro. Works brilliantly as they can be removed for easier rummaging, as well as being able to completely empty the case for other uses.

HTH

J

I've got an ex V*L test rack as well, it's ridiculously robust for my needs but hey! A lot of the one night tribute bands are using Flightcase Warehouse style production cases, which seem to be a reasonably solid solution without being overly expensive.

I use a 1510 with some slightly more custom dividers in the way of a couple of small plastic tubs in the bottom for adapters and the like that inevitably end up buried. The only things 'loose' are a podger and screwdrivers, a pair of headphones and a few adapters that happen to be cable based, like 3.5mm to XLR. Agree the dividers it comes with are awful. The net that goes in the lid is good though.

If you've got the space on your jobs, I can heartily recommend the Flightcase Warehouse 'Off the Shelf' production cases. Mine was under 300 quid and it is robust enough to have toured round Europe with a band in the back of a bus trailer and still be in good enough condition to roll into corporate vidiot jobs.

Cheers,

Peter

• 1 year later...

I do both sound and LX so I generally carry around a small 'Off the Shelf' production case from Flightcase Warehouse that carries my Macbook, sound cards, a few mics, a few cables, ethernet to DMX ports, apple airport express, follow spot sight, bag of cable ties, rigging wire etc. Addition to this a use a Fluke Modular Toolbag that holds all my tools, multimeter, LX tape, torches etc. Both the flight case and tool bag are slightly expensive but I am constantly moving around the 4 venues at the university I work at so good quality cases are a must have!!!!

Thanks

David

Archived