Projector power-down.

Zulu

Hi, all.

Can't find anyone else with this problem, but it seems inevitable to me...

I have a need to switch off my projector during the stage show, but the annoying "countdown" is projected onto the set while the bulb is cooling. Does anyone know how to disable the projection, while it powers down.

I have an Optoma GT750 projector.

Many thanks,

Zulu

From a quick Google. it looks like a 'home' projector rather than a professional model. You might be stuck with it? Unless you can replace the projector?

Why can't you leave the PJ powered up and just send black to it?

Otherwise you might be able to make or buy a shutter, do a Google search for 'projector shutter' and add site:blue-room.org.uk to the end to search the forum.

David

optomas have a setting called "hide information" or similar in the Options menu - this stops the display of input type and stuff popping up onscreen during use, it may work for the power off timer, not sure. If it doesnt, you wont be able to suppress it, whay you will need is a projector shutter, anywhere between a bit of cardboard and string to a Whalberg DMX unit will work and its been covered before. However if you have the shutter, you probably no longer need to turn the power off as im assuming that you want to kill the bleed from the unit when its got no signal.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I found the "hide info" option, but this doesn't affect the power off count down. There is also an "auto poet off, which switches off after the signal is stopped. However, it still gives the counter.

I'm going to look for the projector shutter, otherwise, it'll have to be left On during the show. Only a minor inconvenience.

Many thanks for the help.

Cheers, Zulu

I found the "hide info" option, but this doesn't affect the power off count down. There is also an "auto poet off, which switches off after the signal is stopped. However, it still gives the counter.

I'm going to look for the projector shutter, otherwise, it'll have to be left On during the show. Only a minor inconvenience.

Cheers, Zulu

You can make your own shutter with a r/c servo, a piece of black card and a DMX to servo adapter, such as milford instruments supply. Then you can move the shutter under control of your lighting desk.

Cheers, Zulu

You can make your own shutter with a r/c servo, a piece of black card and a DMX to servo adapter, such as milford instruments supply. Then you can move the shutter under control of your lighting desk.

Or to do it at virtually no cost, you can use the tray mechanism from an old CDROM drive - fill the hole with black card, and use an SPDT switch to open and close.

Thanks, again, Guys.

Having googled some projector shutters, it seems the two types suggested by Aliste and DMorton are de rigueur. I'll give one of them a go (for next time !)

cheers, Zulu.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived