X32 Family

dbuckley

Shamelessly stolen from another forum which stole it from a news site

http://davidbuckley.name/pix/behringer_x32_family.jpg

Now isn't that a good looking family portrait.

Official announcement in just a few hours.

SonicState.Com's News Page currently has an advert runing down the left strip for yet more pictures...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Audio Pro International:

Following the success of its X32 digital console, Behringer has expanded the X32 line with four new models.

The X32 Compact, X32 Producer, X32 Rack and X32 Core all share the flagship X32's performance specifications, with powerful digital connectivity, plenty of virtual FX, Midas-designed mic preamps, and a wide variety of inputs and outputs.

All models include Klark Teknik-engineered AES50 ports, which can be connected to Behringer S16 digital snakes for expanded I/O regardless of mainframe size, and controlled using XControl for PC/Mac/Linux, XiControl for iPad and XiQ for iPhone/iPod Touch.

The X32 Compact is a 40-input channel, 25-bus digital mixing console with 16 programmable Midas preamps, 17 motorised faders and all of the features, functionality and intuitive workflow of the original X32. Sporting a slimmed-down chassis, the mixer is designed for applications where space is limited or only 16 local mic inputs are required. When connected to an S16 Digital Snake, I/O is expanded to full X32 capacity.

Also a 40-input channel, 25-bus digital console with 16 programmable Midas preamps and 17 motorised faders, the X32 Producer is ideal for professional and home project studios. A high-resolution 5” TFT screen provides complete visibility into the mix, FX and metering, and it can also be rack mounted.

The 40-input channel, 25-bus X32 Rack mixer features 16 programmable Midas Preamps and a high-resolution 5” day-viewable TFT, housed in a rugged 3U rack housing. Equally at home in a studio rack, road-case or even fixed installation, the X32 Rack delivers mixing and FX power for even the most demanding applications where PC/MAC/Linux computers, iPad or iPhone/iPod Touch control is desired.

X32 Core is another 40-input channel, 25-bus digital rack mixer that packs all of the mixing, routing and FX power of the flagship X32 into a 1RU rack-mountable chassis. I/O connectivity requires the addition of S16 digital snake boxes and accommodates up to 96 remote inputs, or it can be connected to a DAW with a full 32 x 32 channels, massive FX and near-zero latency using USB 2.0 or FireWire.

Uli Behringer, founder/CEO of Behringer's parent company Music Group, commented: “The introduction of the X32 demonstrated that a high-performance, cost-effective digital mixer, is not only possible, but has been embraced by a very demanding market place. Now that the X32 has earned critical user acclaim, we want to bring its functionality to applications where form-factor plays a more significant role.”

So, looks like the 01v96 killer at long last! Slight shame that it's the (presumably more pricey) Producer that fits that mould the best rather than the (presumably cheaper) Compact.

I see Presonus have announced their StudioLive 32.4.2 - frankly, I think they're dead in the water!

the x32 compact (16 channel) expandable answers what I have been asking for, provided I can get the price down from the x32 and some easy pay terms!

It appears small enough to work with in a bar without worrying about punters crowding the desk and spilling. liquids - yet expandable to 32 channels via an S16. which would mean I can hire in an s16 as and when needed.

in the earlier thread (presonus attempts to slag off x32) I mentioned that I was spending a few hours at an x32 (almost my first digital desk experience) this Wednesday just gone.

I spent a few hours on the desk and playback from a previous show on laptop via usb on the x32 - a great way to train on a desk by the way

while I don't feel proficient enough to set up from scratch yet - I have no problem mixing the band as programmed and amending comp/gate/eq/aux sends - in other words doing everything you would do with an analogue desk.

I am 46, it;'s my first time on a digital desk - if as a weekender I can get the hang of it, I think it must say much about the desk set up.

There is full support for iPads, available freely from the AppStore. DOnt knowif it'll run on other I* devices. Nowt for Android. However... the control protocol is OSC and is published, so anyone who wants to build an app for any platform can just go knock themselves out.

Its more the link does it HAVE to be via pc ?

No, every member of the X32 family has an ethernet socket, which you can plug into any kind of IP network, wired or wireless. Each member of the X32 family speaks native OSC, no PC needed anywhere. All you need is a <something> that can speak OSC.

Behringer provide PC and iPad apps, which speak OSC to the desk. But there is no restriction on anyone building a <something> that can communicate with the desk. The OSC specs are published.

Behringer provide PC and iPad apps, which speak OSC to the desk. But there is no restriction on anyone building a <something> that can communicate with the desk. The OSC specs are published.

Which makes me very happy. The last remaining hurdle is working out whether the USB audio transport side of the desk will be well supported under linux. If it is, I'll be having an awful lot of fun with it.

prices, as taken from a NAMM video earlier today and as displayed on the behringer stand - converted from the displayed dollars to sterling:

dollars conversion to £ x32 rack 1499 944.37 x32 core 999 629.37 x32 compact 2499 1574.37 x32 producer 1999 1259.37

the producer model (no programmable scribble strip, smaller screen) comes with detachable side bumpers to convert to rack mounting (apparently)

Archived