Corrugated Fastners (Wiggle Pins)

alanhj

I need your help. In January a team of us have to construct some new flats and to speed this process up it was intended to use 1/2" corrugated fasteners. I placed an order with Flints but their supplier has let them down and they won't have any in stock by the time I need them which is January 5th. I have tried a couple of local builders merchants, but they don't stock the size I require. (I live in Cornwall) Can anyone help with name and tele number of a supplier?

If we had them you would be welcome. I recall from your earlier posts alanhj your company do things properly, ** laughs out loud **. Our in house cos sort of just cobble stuff/flats/sets as best as with corner strips/braces or Blutak or gaffa or something. (I keep well out of that sort of thing on the grounds something could fall on your head...even as a curious/fascinated/frankly incredulous bystander...)

Had a look via google and there appears to be no end of suppliers in general but nothing leaps out from anywhere in Cornwall. Searching in Screwfix came up with either boots (really) or corrugated roofing panels. Probably in there somewhere but not under 1/2" corrugated fasteners.

Did find this lot:

http://www.tradefixdirect.com/nails-pins-staples/corrugated-fasteners

who mention Xmas delivery but somehow I doubt even the fat bloke on the sleigh could get them to you in time but you never know...

• 4 weeks later...

Belated thanks for your help in this matter. Being Christmas time most companies where closed, so I bit the bullet and re-ordered from Flints. I have to say that once they had been supplied, they wasted no time in sending my order to me. Put the schedule out a bit, but we managed to catch up.

Ramdram for your info I now have over 800 Corrugated Fasteners!!! P.M. me if you want some.

Thanks again folks

Not that it's much help to the OP now, but I recently caught sight of wiggle pins in B&Q...

http://www.diy.com/n...orrugated_nails

Obviously cost is astronomical relative to Flints, but could be useful for someone needing an odd few quickly, as I did earlier this month for a project at home. Note, B & Q call them 'corrugated nails'

Archived