Kylie Aphrodite 2011 Timelapse

Nick512

I had forgotten about this... for anyone interested a complete 20 hour day from the moment the riggers walked in to chalk the floor to the moment the last box rolled out on Kylie's 2011 Aphrodite Les Folies Monster Arena Tour. Enjoy..!!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/JhHQlQmUkrI

Nice. Don't suppose you can remember what your average get in and get out duration was by any chance?

Gotta love a good timelapse.

Impressive - enjoyed watching that.

I had thought that a graduate of one of the dance schools I work with was out with Kylie on the tour, but she's not on the credits so maybe not. though she does dance for kylie on other gigs - most recently at the 2012 RVS in the RAH. (She's also all over XF and BGT etc).

Nice. Don't suppose you can remember what your average get in and get out duration was by any chance?

Yes I think by the time we were in the UK it was pretty much listed below but In Europe there was a pre-rig and second set of motors and steel which would put rigging the day before as the truck would have never made the long drives and we needed 7 hours to fill the pools and heat the water to the correct temperature for the performers to be in it.

Rigging, Production & Catering would go in at 5 - 6AM

Lighting would go in at 8AM

Carps / Video and Audio at 11AM

Ready for a Sound Check at 4PM

Doors at 6.30 - 7PM

Showtime 9PM

Offstage by 11PM

Load out would be 3ish Hours long.

and this was at the MEN so not the best dock for our 25 trucks.!

The coloured t shirts are indeed to separate the departments it is a very common thing when the local crew is over 70 people to easily identify departments plus they all get a souvenir after the show.!

Thanks for the comments its a show I'm still very proud of creating.!

Time lapse seems to rear it's head whenever the DVD Extras are discussed and its a rare occasion I can ever be arsed to sit through one. This however is a rare belter.

Well edited TL with good audio, and Nick you are right to still be proud of that particular show, high up there among your best work.

Cheers

Smiffy

Errm? Twenty hours, minus show duration, divide by two?

Rough average?

Ive never worked on a job that takes as long to pull out as it did to put in....

Thanks for the time breakdown Nick. At least catering got in nice and early to keep spirits high ;)

Most definitely second Smiffy's comments! A high quality piece of video editing to match the high quality production.

BTW Nick, do you know if Solotech still have the gold truss kicking around? Or did they have it re-sprayed after the tour so they could put it back into general stock.. Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer to chat about this further in private.

Cheers,

T

Archived