Lighting desk covers

howartp

Morning all,

My drama teacher is adamant that you can buy lighting desk covers for random lighting desks somewhere - she's getting paranoid about the desk in her classroom which is goodness knows how old already and she wants to put a cover on it - I've suggested the tea-towel approach but that's absolutely not possible (??!?), it must be a proper thing.

I've had a quick google but not come across anything.

Any ideas?

Peter

Check the website of the desk makers, they normally sell them or go to the retailer the desk was bought from.

Or you could do as I did go to the textile teacher and get them to have a sixth former make one for a project

HTH

PJ

The ones I've seen supplied by manufacturers tend to be a bit flimsy and just meant as dust covers. If you want something a bit more protective then have a look on eBay for people who make speaker covers. Most of them will do custom ones for not much money and you could have something with a padded top surface to protect the faders.

It might be worth saying which console you have, as someone might have something suitable laying around (you never know!)

Hi Jon,

It's a Zero88 Alcora as it happens!

Anyone...? :)

Peter

I bought a Gator cover from studiospares for one of my desks, its a stretching lycra type material with elastic around the edge, I am sure they come in 2 sizes so should fit. Only about 20 quid

Hi,

My drama teacher is adamant that you can buy lighting desk covers for random lighting desks somewhere - she's getting paranoid about the desk in her classroom which is goodness knows how old already and she wants to put a cover on it - I've suggested the tea-towel approach but that's absolutely not possible (??!?), it must be a proper thing.

I've had a quick google but not come across anything.

Any ideas?

I would recommend checking out these guys:

http://www.pianocove...ver-p-8275.html

I got some of their 10mm padded custom-fitted keyboard covers from them and they are very good quality.

Good luck,

Arjan

Archived