Basic LED problem! Help urgently required.

Slord1

Morning,

I have 4 LEDj PAR 64's rigged and addressed appropriately onto a FAT FROG e.g Can1 - DMX 7 fader 7 Cans 2+3 Fader DMX 12 Fader 12 and Can 4 - DMX 17 and fader 17.

The problem I am having is that they are responding to the desk but not on right faders for example I bring up fader 7 and the correct parcan comes on with correct colour, I bring it down and bring up 8 again the correct par can along with the other 2 parcans on DMX 12 and then from there on it just becomes a guess if which one will flash, flick through the colours..etc etc.

I have downloaded from Blueroom poster a Fixture for it aswell and tried this but the same applies when I do this.

Does anyone have any solutions on how to get them individually and to behave themselves!!?

Technical rehearsal for production tomorrow.

Thanks

Is there a soft patch on your desk? i.e. can you assign different DMX addresses to different faders? This could mean that fader 8 for example might be programmed to activate DMX channel 10. worth checking. Also every unit (parcan ) will have an address on the rear. Worth double checking these are correct as well.

I have found with the cheaper LED's its easier to abandon the profiles and just set them up as seperate dimmer channels I.e channel1 DMX 1 channel 2 DMX 2 etc. Then patch things from there

Sounds like the DIP switches on the cans are set wrongly.

Agreed.

Just to confirm this is what the cans should be set to..

Can 1 - DMX 7 - Dipswitch = 1,2,3

Can 2+3 - DMX 12 - Dipswitch = 3,4

Can 4 - DMX 17 - Dipswitch = 1,5

May be worth checking how many channels the fixture is?

from there on it just becomes a guess if which one will flash, flick through the colours..etc etc.

Is there consistency? In other words does fader 18 always bring up can 4 blue or fader 11 always bring up can 1 strobe for instance? Or do they change? If it's consistent, you can map out which channels do what by going through them all. If it changes, you have a different and bigger problem. Usual questions about using the right type of cable and correctly terminating the line apply.

They aren't dipswitches it is a screen so simple to see what channel I am.

Thanks for all the replies but I think I will just change my original design and have them all on same channel and use them as one.

Cheers

Archived