Small cable tacker

Bazz339

Can anyone point me in the direction of a small cable tacker, ideally with adjustable tack pressure pleas.

I have an Arrow T18 and have just bought TACWISE for 4.5 mm cable which infortunately is about the same size as the T18 and will probably go back. . I am sure I have seen BT /alarm guys use something smaller but can't find one.

Thanks for looking.

BT do indeed have cable tackers for itty bitty cable but I don't think they are readily available as retail items.

Speak to your friendly neighbourhood alarm or telecom engineers or nick one out the back of a van!

But being the sensible forum we are, stealing property out of a van can lead you into serious trouble :)

I can't think that anyone would make one for cable that small. I'm struggling to think of any cable at that diameter which is in common use and which is installed by clipping.

BT used "Rapid" cable tackers, and even had white lacquered staples at one point to make cables less visible up the side of stairs etc. I use mine on installations of single FST mic cable and it works fine and is neat.

They're widely available, though this is the first source I found: Rapid Cable Gun Tacker

PA.

edit - Since seen them for £38 (plus VAT)

slightly off topic but since it's crossing over to my day job, if you need heaver duty than you are looking for Hilti are the people to speak to, the nice Hilti rep will even come out and see you, demo the tool and often throw the tool in for free if you buy enough fixings - but prepared to intake breath when you ask the prices - I got a powder cartridge activated cable clip gun for a client of mine tacking miles of multi-core to concrete soffits - serious tools that will save you a serious amount of labour but cost you a serious amount of money!

Hi All,

New to the forum.

Not sure how small you want to go, but we use CT45 tackers and have found these ideal for smaller cables such as 7-4-2 or with the tension on minimum - Cat5e.

Think they came from Toolstation - can check if interested??

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi All,

New to the forum.

Not sure how small you want to go *snip*

Hi Jeff, welcome to the BR. I think the clue was in post 8 by the original poster... ;)

Thank you folks. Already have the Tacwise and an Arrow 4.5mm cable dia stapler and a bigger one.

The looking for a really small one for maybe 3mm cable.

David

I can't think that anyone would make one for cable that small. I'm struggling to think of any cable at that diameter which is in common use and which is installed by clipping.

You are probably right. It is single core tri-rated 1mm, 1.5mm and 2.5mm I was wanted it for and 3mm would probably be too small, I will stick with the ones I have.

Archived