MAC 250 and LeapFrog Desk

Nicktaylor

I have couple of MAC 250s running on a Leapfrog desk. I programmed up some sequences but when running something in the programme seems to reset the units, and of course you wait eight minutes for the cooldown cycle. I assume there is a menu setting to stop the inadvertent restarting of the unit. Also it may be a bit naive but what setting will you programme the desk to make sure you dont have the lantern moving while lit when not even part of the next state, I guess "snap" on the brightness change, but in that case how do you dim the conventionals at the same time as snapping off the mover?

You would have to look at the manual but there is a DMX reset on mac 250's which require a certain channel set at 255 for a certain period. Have a look at the manual. As for the other issue Im familiar with the leapfrog desk so can't help.

Sorry

You would have to look at the manual but there is a DMX reset on mac 250's which require a certain channel set at 255 for a certain period. Have a look at the manual. As for the other issue Im familiar with the leapfrog desk so can't help.

Sorry

DMX channel 1, value 248-255, Lamp off time 5 seconds.

On the Mac250 (or+), Personality setting (PERS) set DMX reset dRES to off, to disable DMX reset command and there's also dLOF, also in the PERS menu that disables lamp DMX off command.

Thanks guys! This really is an excelent forum! I think I ran into tow different issues, the desk one I think I can sort but the tips about the menu settings of my Macs makes a lot of sense as I was experimenting with the gobo effects when the unit would reset!

Actually I am looking for tips on programming. Sometimes I want the macs to move while dark and obviously sometimes not. I can see there are some other menus on the units which suggest I can make the unit always be black on movement. So if I understand right, if I programme a chase the unit will stay lit on movement if I chose, but if I programme two scenes, it will blackout while moving? Does that make sense. I obviously could do trial and error but have not got a lot of time to programme the show and obviously want it to look the best I can achieve without having to go in after a run to tweak!

TBH on a Leapfrog you're better to hard-program in the move while dark, and mark cues. I wouldn't rely on the lamp to do this because as you say, in a chase situation it's not going to be an ideal look if it blacks out in between steps.

David

TBH on a Leapfrog you're better to hard-program in the move while dark, and mark cues. I wouldn't rely on the lamp to do this because as you say, in a chase situation it's not going to be an ideal look if it blacks out in between steps.

David

That makes sense Many thanks

Sadly the old one! I am not saying I am not more than happy with the old girl. Ironic I now have the funds to buy some extra kit which is using a far wider range of the effects built in than ever before! For the first time the FROG generator will actually be programmed in!

Archived