Trelcos for sale?

miguelvicente

If it is a 15A version of the 13A one in the picture. Its quite nice except I dont really want switches up in the Gods that get caught by accident when rigging! The other obvious point is it looks like domestic plastic so wont last one drop on the floor!

If it is a 15A version of the 13A one in the picture. Its quite nice except I dont really want switches up in the Gods that get caught by accident when rigging! The other obvious point is it looks like domestic plastic so wont last one drop on the floor!

Yeah, Ive sent them an email asking for that kind of clarification.

A few years ago AC tried out some trelcos. I bought some and discovered their supplier had got the tolerences too slack so the pin connecters where too deep in the housing. This caused wonderful intemittent connection/stroke arcing. They of course did a quick recall when they found out about the problem. It was sad because three sockets on a short tail is exactly what many of us need. As far as I know there has been no replacment to come to market since

I believe that the majority of 15A trelco's were imported from South Africa, and therefore did not conform to BS546, hence the manufacturing intolerances.

As an aside, the two-way 16A adaptor is commonly called a 'raygun', and the three-way adaptor is commonly known as a 'tree'.

I believe that the majority of 15A trelco's were imported from South Africa...

A couple of years ago I had a container load of equipment coming from South Africa with some space in it. As it wouldn't cost any more I looked at filling the void with useful 15A bits and pieces but couldn't find anything of a suitable quality. What I really wanted was the 15A version of a duraplug 4-way and other similar items but nothing could be found.

[E2A]

In SA they are often rated at 16A which might help your googling.

Go here and navigate to "Cables and Leads > Distribution, Switch.. > Wiring Accessories > Switched Socket > Multiplugs"

[EA2A]

Have a look here.

Archived