Strand 500 series OLE

blzbug

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance of updating it to 2.8.6?

A new build of the OLE CD is available incorporating console software version 2.8.6.

Get it from the same place as the previous version, the new filename is strand_gp_ole_2.8.6_v0.3.zip

Its had minimal testing (ie it boots & the OLE loads). Let me know if you have any problems which weren't evident in the previous version.

Cheers,

Marc

• 5 weeks later...

Could anyone supply the link to the download please. I have PM'd Marc but he does not seem to be around.

Also - dumb question - what's the difference between GeniusPro and Lightpalette?

I'm wanting to do some offline work for a 300 desk I'll be using in a week or so.

Thanks for the help.

Different ways of operating the desk. The Geniuspro (correct me on the finer details someone if I'm wrong) is the default for 500 series desks and the Lightpalette makes programming the 500 series like the old Lightpalettes.

Unless your an ex-Lightpalette user (or prefer that way of working) it's best to go with the GeniusPro option.

HTH,

Stu

Yes - the 300 and 500s are almost identical, 300s have a couple of different buttons, no ML encoders etc but the software is the same stuff so it's GeniusPro again.

Stu

Could anyone supply the link to the download please.

Same question. Where can I download it?

I'm sure that if Marc wishes to make the download URL public, he'll do so. Maybe he's not doing that to avoid a big bandwidth-eating rush to download the software from his server - I don't know. Anyway, my advice would be to keep trying to contact him directly, via PM or e-mail - be patient, I'm sure you'll get a reply in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The 520, 530 and 550 run the same software. The only operational differences are the number of subs and macro buttons (and some rearrangement of the control surface). So the 550 OLE is the 520 OLE.

The 300 software is also very similar.

The 430 isn't made anymore. But it ran the same software too, at the time.

Your second question is open to interpretation. You can learn the software, but you'll need a proper control surface before you learn the desk for real.

EDIT: That's twice today, Gareth! :angry: :angry: :)

Do u have a copy of Marc t software that will run the ole in xp?

if u do could u send me a copy of it please?

:angry: Have you read MarkT's post, directly above yours?

Txt spk sUx! We use English here, and capital letters in their proper place. Please!

You haven't actually read this topic before replying, have you? :angry:

The GeniusPro OLE will not run under XP. The only way to do it is to boot into another OS and run it from there.

MarcT has come up with a natty bootable CD which will boot into DOS, install the OLE into ramdisk, pull showfiles from a floppy, allow you to work on them, and put them back onto floppy at the end. He's clearly stated on more than one occasion in this topic that if anyone wants a copy they should PM him. So why don't you do that, instead of ignoring him and asking in the forum for someone to send you a copy?

I'm not ignoring him. I've never seen him on-line plus three of my mates would like his bootable CD that will run the OLE on their computer too.

So do as he suggests, and send him a PM (Personal Message) via the forum. He doesn't have to be online at the time you send the PM - he'll be notified that he has a new message, and will read it and reply to it when he's good and ready, I'm sure. The blue "PM" button under all his posts and on his profile is the one you need to clilck on ........ and bear in mind that Marc has been kind enough to create and distribute his CD purely out of generosity - he doesn't get anything out of it and does it out of the goodness of his heart, so he's not actually under any sort of obligation to send it to anyone at all. You're essentially asking someone who doesn't know you from Adam to do you a favour - so ask nicely, be patient, and you might get lucky.

Archived