Miniscan LED conversion

gyro_gearloose

Super star, thank you :-)

I will be using the ones you linked too earlier in the post, doing a conversion like this is all new to me and I wouldnt know how to identify which LEDs would be suitable, so your suggestions are good for me http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone considering ordering one of these kits, all I can say is do it. Received mine today and everything I need is there (bar of course the LED / Driver)

Buy with confidence people, cant wait to get these changed over

Im going to use the suggested heatsink posted a couple of pages back now (the PC chip one) or an aftermarket alternative

Will see if I can measure the light output somehow, this is all verrrrry new to me, so im happy to take others advice, my ultimate goal is to get these out more often and I can sell off my other heads, im not doing massive productions so would be happy with a reduced output (if that indeed what happens).

Its not going to be a quick change over, I have a lot of different projects im juggling (along with building speakers) but as and when I make progress I will post in here

• 4 months later...

So....illness has somewhat stopped play, though I am slowly clearing Halo out of HPE units http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif I now have my original 6 units, 3 full units (hopefully) out of the 6 I have had from Halo,,,and 2 full miniscans, only now they are sitting next to each other have I realised they are not the same, fingers crossed I can still use some of the bits (and maybe rear casings) from those.

Fingers crossed I can start to make some progress on these soon, either that or a big pile of bits will soon appear on the Bay

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...