budget flightcase

jack hale

Swanflight are well worth a look at.. Gav who's one of their sales/designer guys is excellent and is always very helpful. They're well built cases and always reasonable prices. What is the case for? Is it a custom build or are you looking for a couple of cable trunks or something? A bit more details might get you a better lead in the right direction!

HTH

Aaron

You can't get both good quality and cheap. If you are looking for good quality cutsto cases at reasonable prices try flightcase warehouse in tamworth. If you want cheaper off the shelf stuff try thomman or look on eBay.

What you after casing ?

One of the best things I can suggest is looking on eBay in the 'Used" section. Simply searching "Flight Case" and then pressing used can reveal some fantastic deals. The "Buy it Now" price on lots are a little too steep, but you can get lucky easily with bidding. This is only a good method though if a) your a happy eBay user, and b) you don't mind buying used things.

If your buying new, it may not be the best idea to look for the cheapest solution. Mounting heavy equipment such as amps into a cheap flight case can cause a number of problems. I've seen situations where a pair of amps mounted in a 19" case have simply ripped the rails off the side of the case.

The bottom line is (in my opinion), buy quality to begin with and you won't have to replace down the line. If your familiar with a quality brand, use the "Shopping" tab on Google and sort the items in order of price. This will then reveal the cheapest place to get a QUALITY bit of kit, rather than getting a cheap bit of kit.

I won't be specific, but I've just received a cheap ABS case damaged in delivery transit. I'm sending it back and spending twice the cash; never cheaping out again.

If it can't be thrown around under its own weight, what hope does it have with 20-30 kilos of equipment in it?

I won't be specific, but I've just received a cheap ABS case damaged in delivery transit. I'm sending it back and spending twice the cash; never cheaping out again.

If it can't be thrown around under its own weight, what hope does it have with 20-30 kilos of equipment in it?

Yes !! Only use SKB rotomould now where I would have used ABS, and got most of mine from ebay as long as the catches are good a few scuffs and marks on these types of cases are irrelevant.

Following on slightly, just wonderd if anyone has a rule of thumb as to how much they would pay on a case to protect say £1000 worth of kit? 10% 25% 50%?

Following on slightly, just wonderd if anyone has a rule of thumb as to how much they would pay on a case to protect say £1000 worth of kit? 10% 25% 50%?

I'd happily put a 700euro poweramp into a 100euro thomann flightcase. But that's for my use, and I don't really throw my stuff around. It's more for show and to keep dust and stuff from knocking off the knobs when it's not being used.

100/700*100/1= ~ 14% So lets say 15%? A case is a case though. That same case could hold a 2000euro poweramp, so it's build quality at the end of the day that calls it.

We have several swan cases and find them very good value. Are they as well made as Castle or Packhorse? No, but then they are less than half the cost.In my opinion, unless you are playing basketball with your kit, then cheaper cases will suffice.

I have used a few FCW cases, they are not bad for the price. the swan ones are, in my opinion, nicer.

Depends what you need, but a lot of my audio gear is in gator case's and is reasonably protected. They would not stand up to being thrown into artics but in my small van, they protect it well.

+1 for flightcase warehouse.

My production case fell over the other month as all the draws were opened - so became front heavy. Luckily I was in Birmingham - so just popped down, with it - and they fixed it FOC for me. Wasn't even a defect, but just a break.

All the cases I've ever had from them are fine. And every tour I worked with I always bought those. Are they as good as packhorse or something. No - but for the cost - they are certainly suitable .!

You can't get both good quality and cheap. If you are looking for good quality cutsto cases at reasonable prices try flightcase warehouse in tamworth. If you want cheaper off the shelf stuff try thomman or look on eBay.

What you after casing ?

Ditto from me. Lighting and sound desks house and more recently cases to house my G3 kit all from them. A good price and after the first time I cant be bothered to shop around

Archived