Safety on Ladders

Stutwo

I've stopped doing site work purely because of the level of idiotic faux health and safety nonsense. I used to enjoy site work, but the fun has been stripped out of it completely and replaced with pointless H&S harassment. Carillion were without a doubt the worst contractor for red tape, but all the main contractors are equally as guilty.

Not surprised that big companies have so much red tape, Clive, when there are idiots like this guy out there claiming to know about H&S. When one cannot trust people to use common sense then they deserve to be treated like children and wrapped in the cotton wool of protective restrictions. Don't blame H&S for red tape, blame fools like this.

Sad to say but some workers are not to be trusted to look after themselves or their colleagues or the public. Take farming where H&S is decried most vehemently yet 1.5% of the national workforce supply 20% of the fatalities. They don't have much time for red tape....and they kill people, frequently, lots of them.

No-one ever takes a balanced view of H&S! Some go unprotected others go way OTT.

Saw a container being unloaded from a lorry by crane, and a second crane to support the harness hook on for the one person actually putting the hooks into the container eyes. Next I saw some scaffs dismantling with their harness hooks tucked into their belts.

I have to admit to some confusion by the last para of the article...

Mr Cavanagh said: 'I cannot comment on the matter because the person involved has been suspended and is under investigation.'

So, Mr Cavanagh, who was the responsible idiot, is saying that the person responsible has been suspended - odd turn of phrase....

:)

Archived