Purchase older strand gear

Smiffy

While I'm about it, some of the old strand (?) stands would be handy too. Its so long since I saw one however they had three 'feet' that were a cast metal, with a relatively narrow diameter upright which was extendable. If anyone know's what they were actually called I'd appreciate knowing their name.

Like this...

post-207-0-02092800-1311837890_thumb.jpg

Source: 1975 Strand Catalogue

The stand is a Ref 626 and needs a standard spigot. The bar unscrews from the base for transportation. There is a braced version for heavy duty use. I think I have a load of Strand standard lantern bolts somewhere here and a pair of Patt 23 Irises if they are of any used to you.

Gobo holders are still available from the usual suspects, the gate on a standard Patt 23 is the same as a Quartet,

I seem to remember for B size the DHA code was GH08, but check first. New ones are likely to be black anodised rather than the earlier plain aluminium.

Shane

smithy ,there was a place you and I know very well that had several b size gobo holders,bet if you spoke nicely to nigel he might let you borrow em,and the sevral gold furse 23 clones.If you realy lucky the sirus might be going spare.

23's use the same gobo holders (and iris) as a Quartet with M size gobos.

A word of warning, I put a gobo in one and in two minutes had a circle of tin with a big burnt hole in the middle. Found out later somebody had fitted a 650w lamp!

As for Ebay they are going now for silly money, I listed a Mk 1 23N, I discribed it as rusty and with the front of the lens tube detached, so I was honest up front. Somebody paid me £140 quid and gave me feedback about how great it was. Well they say a fool and his money are easily parted and I dont mind parting him from it!

Can't say I can ever remember putting an M size gobo in a pattern 23, or indeed burning out a standard B size gobo any worse than with any other profile, and never as spectacularly as described....

I agree about not putting 650W lamps in them. I don't recall using the T1s mentioned above much after about 1985, I'm pretty sure most would have been converted to use T17s, but definitely not uprated to use 650W lamps.

Thanks all...

Renderings of two possible concepts have been done and forwarded to the artiste to choose. If he goes with retro, I'll be begging, borrowing, and stealing everything I can get my hands on. Although I'll be doing the same if he goes LED-tastic on me too....

Cheers

Smiffy

I'm in need ... Patt 23's with Gobo Holders (if they exist? I can't remember ever using a 23 with a gobo)

The gobo holders deffo exist, I still have a few, one of which I shall be using for a special in a day or two.

I got mine from White Light, but it was a good few years ago!

Thanks Ken...

At £325 for a Patt 23, I shan't be talking to them! :)

Cheers

Smiffy

###### me....I'll do you the ones from our village hall for £100 each!! And chuck in the Furse stuff....

KC

I'm in need of some Patt 123's Complete with Barn Doors, and also Patt 23's with Gobo Holders

I suppose it's too late to ask why you need this stuff...........?

KC

Archived